The Electric Guitar sound has become an essential part of today's popular music. It is capable of creating a multitude of unique sounds and styles and popularly used in genres like Pop, Rock n Roll, Country, Blues and Jazz. It also played a huge role in the development of Electric Blues, Rock and Heavy Metal music.
How do Electric Guitars create sound?
Electric Guitars require external amplification in order to be heard at a normal performance volume. This means you need to connect your guitar to any Amplifier or a speaker in order to hear it properly. They also look and sound very different from Acoustic Guitars.
How many strings do Electric Guitars have?
Electric Guitars are commonly available in 6 string, 7 string and 8 string and 9 string variants (6-string being the most popular, especially among beginners)
What is the Standard Tuning for Electric Guitars?
- 7-string Electric Guitars are tuned to B-E-A-D-G-B-E (low to high).
- 8-string Electric Guitarsare tuned to F#-B-E-A-D-G-B-E (low to high).
- 9-string Electric Guitars are tuned to C#-F#-B-E-A-D-G-B-E (low to high).
What are the different types of Electric Guitars?
The 3 main types of Electric Guitars are :
- Solid-body guitars (These are the most common type of Electric guitars. The Guitar body is crafted out of a single piece of wood. Solid-body guitars generally have more sustain and are more resistant to feedback)
- Semi-hollow body (Semi-hollow body electric guitars have solid blocks of wood at the center which provides nice richness in sound due to its resonant chamber)
- Hollow body guitars (The body construction is hollow like an acoustic guitar which results in a rich sound due to its big resonant chamber)
What are the different types of Electric Guitar Body Shapes?
Some of the main types of Electric Guitar Body Shapes are:
- Double Cutaway
- Stratocaster or Strat-Style
- Les Paul or LP-Style
- King V
How much does an Electric Guitar cost?
Electric Guitars generally start at a price range of Rs. 7500. These are entry level - beginner guitars. Prices can go higher, depending on the brand, quality and included accessories. Higher priced / Premium guitars are made with premium quality materials which result in a better sounding guitar.
What are the top recommended Acoustic Guitar brands?
Popular Electric Guitar recommendations include -
- Fender Squier Bullet Stratocaster Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG Gio Series GRG170DX Double Cutaway 6 String Electric Guitar
- Cort X100 6-String Electric Guitar
- Vault ST1 Premium Electric Guitar
- Fender Squier MM Stratocaster 6-String Electric Guitar with Maple NeckVault RG1 Soloist Premium Electric Guitar