The Avid Artist Control v2 control surface combines the functionality of motorized faders, programmable knobs and buttons, and an incredible customizable touchscreen interface for maximum control over your DAW. Designed as a compact "nerve center" for your studio, the Artist Control v2 fits between your keyboard and computer monitor. Its high-resolution touchscreen lets you easily access and set up functions, while four touch-sensitive motorized faders, 12 Smart Keys, and eight programmable rotary encoders make the Artist Control v2 a powerful, flexible DAW controller!
The Avid Artist Control v2's high-resolution 800 x 480-pixel touchscreen interface displays all of your project's top-level information, including track names/numbers, metering (from mono to 5.1 surround data), fader/pan values, automation mode, etc. It also lets you quickly access all plug-in and EQ parameters, effortlessly setup macro commands for any function (or sequence of functions), and much more.
What's more, you can use the Artist Control v2's Smart Keys to trigger everything from simple keystroke commands to complex custom macros displayed on the touchscreen interface above - use the up/down arrows to scroll through an unlimited number of commands. Touch-sensitive rotary encoders offer direct control over everything from panning and gain, to editing your most powerful plug-ins and EQ. These knobs can also be pressed to select/deselect and navigate through parameters. High-quality ALPS 100mm long-throw faders offer accurate and smooth mixing; touching a fader will automatically select the corresponding track.
Take advantage of the included Studio Monitor Express software. It provides professional monitoring (from stereo up to 5.1 surround) as well as complete talkback controls via any CoreAudio-compliant interface. Application Change and Workstation Change functions let you easily cycle through applications and switch between multiple workstations.
The Artist Control v2's ergonomic layout puts transport controls and a data-entry wheel at your fingertips, as well as keys to quickly select what parameter the wheel will modify (zoom horizontally/vertically, jog/shuttle, trimming clip head and tail, setting clip gain, crossfading, and more).Avid Artist Control v2 Control Surface with Programmable Touchscreen Features at a Glance
- Customizable touchscreen interface (800 x 480 pixels)
- v2 is more rugged than the original version
- Eight touch-sensitive rotary encoders
- Four touch-sensitive motorized faders
- 12 assignable soft keys
- Transport controls and jog/shuttle/zoom wheel
- Studio Monitor Express software
- High-speed EuCon Ethernet protocol
- Mac OS X and Windows 7 compatible
- The Avid Artist Control v2 puts you in command of your DAW!
- Intended Use: Audio Mixer
- Number of Faders: 4
- Fader Throw: 100mm
- Fader Type: Touch Sensitive, Motorized
- Number of Knobs: 9
- Knob Type: Touch Sensitive rotary encoders
- Number of Performance Pads: No performance pads
- Performance Pad Types: No performance pads
- Number of Soft Keys: 35 dedicated soft keys, 12 assignable soft keys
- Other Controls: Touchscreen
- Transport Controls: Yes
- Audio Inputs: No audio inputs
- Audio Outputs: No audio outputs
- Computer Connectivity: Ethernet
- Control I/O: No control I/O
- Height: 1.2"
- Depth: 9.5"
- Width: 20"
- Weight: 5.5 lbs.