Maneuver software in style with the Avid Artist Transport. This professional transport and jog/shuttle controller puts you in the driver's seat within your favorite Mac OS X or Windows 7 DAW - and it supports all of the major ones. You can assign its assortment of soft keys and navigation buttons to control whatever you'd like, inside any application. In fact, all of the ergonomic controls are laid out so you can navigate quickly with just one hand. So sit back, relax, and work the way you want with the Avid Artist Transport.
Get ready to speed up your workflow. The Avid Artist Transport puts a hotbed of DAW control in front of you in the forms of buttons, toggles, and wheels. You can assign out the controls to suit your workflow - or use the pre-programmed control maps. Whatever you do, the Avid Artist Transport is all about putting you in touch with the right functions so you can keep your focus on your creativity.
Onboard the Avid Artist Transport, you'll find a weighted, optically encoded jog wheel alongside an optically encoded, spring-loaded shuttle ring. Both offer up ultra-high resolution navigation of your timeline, yet you can also instantly assign them to control other functions - zooming horizontally/vertically, trimming clip head and tail, crossfading,etc. Just use the Artist Transport's programmable Soft Keys to switch up the functions on the fly.
In addition to the jog/shuttle controls, the Artist Transport sports seven programmable transport/navigation keys with multicolor status LEDs. Use them to control standard transport functions or to take charge of other important keystrokes. The Artist Transport also offers a numeric keypad so you can quickly hop to places on the timeline or key-in precise parameter values. For even more editing functionality, the transport/navigation keys and the numeric keypad keys double as Soft Keys when you hold down the Function Key (shift).
Your Avid Artist Transport is meant to fit your multi-application workflow. That's because it automatically understands which application you have in the forefront of your screen - its controls will switch to match that application. You can compose in one program, edit and mix in another, then master the whole project in a third application - the Artist Transport follows your lead. In fact, the Artist Transport can connect to multiple workstations on the network, so it's ready for the most professional of multi-application, multi-workstation setups. Beyond all that, if you like to work inside programs that don't support EuCon, HUI, or Mackie control - such as Photoshop or iTunes - you can even assign Artist Transport keys to trigger keyboard shortcuts and macro commands.Avid Artist Transport Jog/Shuttle and Transport Controller Features at a Glance
- Professional Jog/Shuttle and Transport Controller speeds up your workflow
- Adapts to control whichever application you have in focus on your computer
- High-resolution Jog Wheel and Shuttle Ring help you make precise adjustments
- Assignable Soft Keys and Transport/Navigation controls for a flexible workflow
- Connects via Avid's high-speed EuCon ethernet protocol
- Can work alongside up to one MC Control and four MC Mix units
- Avid Artist Transport Jog/Shuttle and Transport Controller Includes:
- Artist Transport Unit
- Ethernet Crossover cable
- AC power adapter
- Riser Brackets
- Quick Start guide
- EuCon Artist software
- Application Sets software
- Owner's Manual PDF
- Mac OS X and Windows 7 compatible
- Take hands-on control with Avid's Artist Transport!
- Intended Use: Transport/Jog Wheel
- Number of Soft Keys 29 x assignable soft keys, 2 x dedicated soft keys
- Other Controls Jog Wheel, Shuttle Ring
- Computer Connectivity Ethernet
- Height 1.2"
- Depth 9.5"
- Width 9"
- Weight 2.6 lbs.