The Korg Kronos-2 73 restores the magic, thrill and promise that only the Kronos can provide. And the newest instrument from Korg truly delivers on that promise. Multiple state-of-the-art sound generation techniques represent the pinnacle of software realization. In-built effects bring processing to any internal or external audio source with amazing results. MIDI recording and Multitrack audio bring efficient studio operations on to a mobile platform. Hardware including dual joysticks, a ribbon controller, assignable control surface, top of the line keyboard action, and Korgs revolutionary tap-and-drag colour TouchView display, bring as much control to your hands as possible. All these features have been developed to be the best of what they are individually, meaning that when put together, all of these music-making resources make up a hardware platform that no one can rival.
The Kronos-2 73 delivers features you'd expect from the Kronos range, plus thing you've only ever dreamed of. All of your custom settings and performance notes are neatly organised by a function called Set List Mode. This places these on the display for on the fly selection. The Smooth Sound Transitions eliminate note and effect dropouts when switching sounds or modes. Select sounds, plus edit envelopes and sequences by 'connecting' the Virtual Patch Cables, all this via the eight-inch colour TouchView display. All this added to KARMA, advanced sequencing and Drum Track composition tools. Exclusive Korg wavesequencing, MS-20 filtering and the impossibly-rich Polysix chorus is something you can fully enjoy on the Kronos-2 73. You can always sound the best with the help of Korgs finest sound design team.
Nine distinct sound engines on the Kronos-2 73 are so powerful, they could be qualified to operate as stand-alone synthesizers. These include the SGX-2 (Premium Piano) Piano sound engine. The Kronos piano engine has always offered huge collections of non-looped/natural decay stereo samples, recorded for every key, with additional unique tools to customize the piano to your needs. Others included are, EP-1 (MDS Electric Piano) Electric piano sound engine, CX-3 (Tonewheel Organ) Tonewheel organ sound engine, HD-1 (High Definition Synthesizer) PCM sound engine, MS-20EX (Legacy Analog Collection) Analog modeling sound engine, PolysixEX (Legacy Analog Collection) Analog modeling sound engine, AL-1 (Analog Synthesizer) High-fidelity analogue modelling sound engine, MOD-7 (Waveshaping VPM Synthesizer) VPM/FM synthesis sound engine, STR-1 (Plucked Strings) Physical model sound engine. By having individual engines for each section of sounds, means they will all sound just as clear and powerful as the other. The massive sound selection equates to 25 GB of waveform data covering a variety of genres. The internal SSD offers a generous 62 GB capacity, providing enormous space for user sampling or downloading Kronos Sound Libraries.
This amazingly powerful music workstation offers everything you'll expect and more on top. With this, you can replace your whole rig, and still have more power and sound to give out. If you need a powerful, feature ridden workstation that carries the Kronos name with pride, look no further than this.The main features of the Korg Kronos-2 73 include:
- 73 key: RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- System: KRONOS System Version 3.0
- 9 Synthesis Types:
- SGX-2: Premium Piano (Acoustic Piano)
- EP-1: MDS Electric Piano (Electric Piano)
- HD-1: High Definition Synthesizer (PCM)
- AL-1: Analog Synthesizer (Analog Modeling)
- CX-3: Tonewheel Organ (Tonewheel Organ Modeling)
- STR-1: Plucked Strings (Physical Modeling)
- MOD-7: Waveshaping VPM Synthesizer (VPM Synthesis)
- MS-20EX: Component Modeling Technology (Analog Modeling)
- PolysixEX: Component Modeling Technology (CMT Analog Modeling)
- Total of 936 voices
- Preset PCM: 314 MB (ROM 1,505 Multisamples, 1,388 Drumsamples)
- PCM RAM Capacity: Approx. 2GB
- Wave Sequences: 598 User memory, 187 Preload. Support for stereo multisamples, synchronization of individual notes, and tempo-based settings.
- Controllers: Dual Joysticks, Ribbon Controller, Assignable Control Surface, Top of the Line Keyboard Action, TouchView Display
- TouchView graphical user interface, 8 inch colour TFT, SVGA (800x600 dots), adjustable brightness
- Insert Effects: 12 Stereo in / stereo out
- Master Effects: 2 Stereo in / stereo out
- Total Effects: 2 Stereo in / stereo out
- Timbre EQ: One 3-band EQ for each timbre/track
- Effect Types: 197
- Modulation: Dynamic Modulation and Common LFO
- Effects Control Busses: Stereo side-chaining for compressors, gates, vocoders, etc.
- Effect Presets: Total 783 preset, Maximum 32 per 1 effect (Preset User)
- 1 x S/P DIF in and out
- MIDI: in, out, thru
- 2 x 1/4” TRS Balanced
- 5 x 1/4” TRS Balanced
- 1/4” stereo phone jack
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 1,221 x 371 x 148 mm / 48.07” x 14.61” x 5.83”
- Weight: 21.1 kg / 46.52 lbs.
- Accessories: AC cord, Quick Start Guide, Accessory DVD Discs 1-3