The KRK Rockit 6 is a solid addition to your home studio or professional setup. You can use these without subs in a small room. There's no distortion at all and the high end is very clear. These powered speakers do not require amplifier or receiver. You will need a specific cable such as a 1/8th AUX to Phono RCA component to hook these speakers directly to your speaker.
We found a great review for this product by albiebabie:
KRK Rokit 6 Generation 3 Powered Monitors/Speakers
KRK Systems is one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of studio reference monitors/speakers. In their state of the art design facility, KRK engineers create products that deliver natural and balanced spectral response with low distortion and superior imaging. KRK Studio Monitors have been the professional’s choice of recording engineers and artists for mixing and mastering hit records around the globe, as they need to hear every nuance of the audio being reproduced. KRK ROKIT Generation 3 monitors continue in this design philosophy, so regardless of your musical style, genre, or particular mixing needs, KRK Rokits deliver.
ROKIT 6 Powered Monitor - Generation 3
KRK's ROKIT 6 G3 (Generation 3) powered studio monitors offer professional performance and accuracy for recording, mixing, mastering and playback. The system consists of a 1” soft dome tweeter and 6” glass-Aramid composite woofer. It delivers high frequencies up to 35kHz, vocal clarity and extended bass response. The proprietary bi-amped, class A/B amplifier grants SPL up to 107dB. The ROKIT waveguide is designed to ensure detailed imaging in the listening position. The front-firing bass port reduces boundary coupling to allow flexible positioning in the room while the engineered surface reduces diffraction distortion. Multiple input connections ensure the ROKIT 6 G3 will easily integrate in any system configuration.
In larger rooms, where smaller monitors might not provide enough headroom, the ROKIT 6 G3 provides enough backup for even larger set ups.
KRK Rokit 6 G3 Features:
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- Proprietary waveguide optimized for superior imaging
- 1” Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- Front Firing Port — Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- Low-resonance enclosure for minimized distortion and colorization
- Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, ¼”, RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface
- Peak SPL : 107dB
- Frequency Response 38Hz - 35kHz (+/- 1.5 dB).
KRK Rokit 6 G3 Specifications:
- Configuration: 2-Way
- System type: Active Studio Monitor
- Low-Frequency: 6" Aramid Glass Composite woofer
- Mid-Frequency: N/A
- High-Frequency: 1" soft dome tweeter
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 35kHz
- Max Peak SPL: 107 dB
- Amplifier Class: Class A-B
- Power Output:73W
- High Frequency: 25W
- Mid-Frequency: N/A
- Low Frequency: 48W
- Input Impedance (Ohms): 10 K Ohm balanced
- HF Level Adjust: -2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB
- System Volume: (-30dB - +6dB)
- Indicators: Power
- Input Connectors: Unbalanced RCA, Balanced 1/4" TRS and Balanced XLR
- Enclosure Construction: MDF
- Finish: Black vinyl wrap
- Port Configuration: Front firing slot port
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 11.4" (290mm) x 8.9" (226mm) x 13.1" (332mm).
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
So I've been using these for almost 3 years and can say this for sure these are some pretty damn good Studio monitors. Highly recommended for rooms that are untreated or If you have no other option to place speakers far away from the walls get this instead of other speakers these ones are front (bass) ported.
I received this product from Bajaoo with a small dent in the back of the monitor but damage was only cosmetic. This is an excellent monitor but a good treated room is important.The sound is mainly flat with a slight emphasis on low mid and bass.The low mid can be slightly muddy but this is best in this budget range.It is excellent monitor if you have a good pair of studio headphones as a second reference and recommend it
I am using this from 4 years. still i love it.
KRK 6 G3 this speaker are amazing really good product for Studio monitors
Hi guys, i purchased this KRK Rokit 6 and its working very good , its having good sound quality i advice u u to get this KRK Rokit 6 if u are a music producer .
First of all, Thanks to Bajaao.com for Product. Krk rokit 6 g3 Studio Monitor is Great. Working Absolutely Fine. thanks to courier service for safe delivery. Thank to "Varun" I also wanna know about warranty. . how I can use it if any future problem in product.
I received this product from Bajaoo with a small dent in the back of the monitor but damage was only cosmetic. This is an excellent monitor but a good treated room is important.The sound is mainly flat with a slight emphasis on low mid and bass.The low mid can be slightly muddy but this is best in this budget range.It is excellent monitor if you have a good pair of studio headphones as a second reference and recommend it.
KRK Rokit 6G3 gives me what I want. I got this because of budget issues but this product provides more than its price. Its versatile, has good sound quality and has strong built which makes it durable. Thanks!