Buy Neumann DMI-2 Digital Microphone Interface online in India at the best price with free shipping from BAJAAO - India's music equipment superstore.
Neumann DMI-2 Digital Microphone Interface
Equipment that supports the AES 42 standard can process the output signals of Solution-D microphones directly. In all other cases, the DMI-2 or DMI-8 digital microphone interface is used. The DMIs convert the AES 42 data format supplied by the microphone into an AES/EBU signal.
The Interface is operated via the Neumann RCS remote control software, which is installed on a desktop or laptop computer. The computer is connected to the DMI via a USB port and a USB to RS 485 interface converter. If a large number of microphones is used, several DMIs can be cascaded. In this case, each digital microphone interface can be addressed individually.
In addition to a word clock input and output, the DMIs also have an internal word clock generator. If no master word clock signal (e.g. from a mixing console) is present at the input, the DMI internal word clock is used automatically to synchronize the microphone channels, and the signal is switched to the word clock output.
External commands such as "On Air" (red light) can be controlled via a 9-pin user port.
- 1 x DMI-2
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x RJ 45-Patch cable
- 1 x BNC cable
- 1 x USB 485 converter
- 1 x AC line cable.
Neumann DMI-2 Specifications:
- Operating temperature: 0 °C … +45 °C
- Storage temperature: –20 °C … +70 °C
- Relative humidity: max. 90 % at +20 °C
- Inputs: 2 x XLR 3 F complying with AES 42, Audio data in accordance with AES/EBU (AES 3) data format, Phantom power (DPP), Remote control data
- Phantom power (DPP): +10 V, max. 250 mA per channel, short-circuit protected
- Remote control data: Pulses (+2 V), superimposed on the phantom power, approx. 750 bits/s
- Outputs: 2 x XLR 3 M, AES/EBU (AES 3) data format
- Sampling rates supported: 44,1 / 48 / 88,2 / 96 kHz /176,4 kHz/ 192 kHz
- Synchronization: AES 42 – Mode 1 and Mode 2
- Mode 1: Asynchronous mode, microphone clock free-running at selected word clock frequency; a sample rate converter (SRC) is required at the receiver
- Mode 2: Synchronous mode, clock control effected via PLL. If there is no external word clock, the internal word clock generator is automatically activated.
- Word clock input: BNC
- Vin: >250 mV at 75 ohms
- Word clock output: BNC
- Vout: approx. 2 V at 75 ohms
- IInternal word clock generator: 44,1 / 48 / 88,2 / 96 kHz / 176,4 / 192 kHz)
- Accuracy ±25 ppm
- Indicators: Power Data Valid (microphone), Sync Locked, Ext Word Clock
- Control bus: 2 x RJ-45 ports; connection to computer USB port via the Neumann USB 485 interface converter; connected in parallel for the purpose of cascading
- Data format: RS 485 with additional power-out pin (approx. +11.3 V)
- Device address (ID): 0 to 15, adjustable viacoding switch on the backof the device
- User port: 9-pin sub-D, 3 switch functions per channell
- Power supply: 90 ... 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 218 x 56 x 163 mm
- Weight: approx. 1,4 kg.
(All values are for non-condensing moisture.)