Affordable, Classic StingRay-style 5-string!
The Sterling by Music Man Ray35CA electric bass brings you the look, sound, and playability of the original Music Man StingRay line. For starters, the Ray35CA gives you the comfortable feel of a lightweight ash body and a smoothly contoured maple neck, a tonewood combo that serves up a delightful range of complex harmonics.The Lightweight swamp ash brings out the nuances and clarity that MusicMan basses are known for.On top of that, you get the same amazing Music Man humbucker and 2-band active EQ that provide StingRay basses with such tonal versatility. In fact, the only shocking surprise about the Sterling Ray35CA is how inexpensive it is.
- A timeless Music Man design any serious musician can afford
- Lightweight ash body provides complex tone and comfortable feel
- Hard maple neck delivers rich sustain and added punch
- Music Man alnico humbucker provides thunderous bass and clear mids
- Music Man® designed 2-Band active preamp features volume, treble and bass controls. The preamp and pickup were re-voiced for this model, for a more organic feel and are noise free,allowing you to sculpt your tone to perfection
- The heavy duty Sterling By Music Man® bridge is modeled after the heavy duty Music Man® designed bridges and saddles, delivering epic tuning stability
- Glossy amber tinted neck features a narrow 38 mm nut width, 34” scale and 21 mylar frets
- Padded gig bag included
- Body Shape: StingRay
- Color: 3Tone Sunburst
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Scale Length: 34"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Material:Maple, 12" Radius
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Neck Material: Maple, Bolt-on
- Neck Shape: Ray
- Nut Width: 1.77"
- Bridge/Tailpiece: SBMM-designed bridge
- Tuners: Open-back tuning machines
- Number of Pickups: 1
- Bridge Pickup: SBMM-design Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x treble, 1 x bass
- Strings: Ernie Ball, (.045-.130)
- Case Included: Gig bag