Gibson SGA2EBCH1 Angus Young SG Electric Guitar - Ebony
Back in black, and ready to rock.
Classic rock doesn't get much bigger than AC/DC, and no one wails out massive, bone-crunching tone like Angus Young on his Gibson SG electric guitar. Young's incendiary tone has inspired wave after wave of rock guitar heroes, and turned on countless players to the power of his seminal guitar of choice, the Gibson SG. Now the Gibson USA Angus Young guitar, brings all the tone and playability of this classic double-cutaway made to Angus Young's own specs within reach of the hardworking rock guitarist, giving you all the punch, crunch, and sizzle that Angus achieves with his own treasured Gibson guitar.
Way back in 1961 the Gibson SG electric guitar replaced the under appreciated Les Paul Standard, and while the Les Paul would surface later in the decade as a rock and blues classic, the Gibson SG (originally named Les Paul/SG) was an instant hit in its own right. Its simple yet inspired ingredients of thin, all-mahogany body and neck and two Gibson humbucking pickups gave it a snappy attack with a muscular punch, and its slim, fast neck yielded unprecedented playability. The Gibson SG Angus Young guitar not only captures the look, feel, and sound of a classic SG, the Gibson electric guitar also embodies some of the rare specs and qualities of Angus Young's own '68 guitar, known to be a standout example among a classic breed. The Angus Young guitar's light, all-mahogany body yields superb resonance, while its extra slim, narrow neck provides unparalleled playability—and, topped with an upgraded ebony fingerboard with lightning-bolt inlays, it features a look that will help any rocker stand out from the crowd. Loaded with Gibson's popular '57 Classic humbucking pickup in the neck and an Angus Young humbucker in the bridge for added punch and sizzle, it packs all the firepower a gigging guitarist needs to cut it on the big stage. Each Gibson Angus Young guitar comes with a snug-fitting Gibson USA hardshell electric guitar case.
Gibson Angus Young SG Features:
- Body: Solid mahogany
- Finish: High-gloss ebony black
- Neck and headstock: Solid, quartersawn mahogany
- Truss rod
- profile: Super-slim, 0.775" thick at the 1st fret, and 0.850" thick at the 12th.
- Neck pitch: attached at a 4-degree angle
- Headstock angle: Gibson's traditional 17 degrees
- Logo: Gibson logo, inlaid in mother-of-pearl, Gibson's crown inlay in the center of the headstock
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon
- Fingerboard: Ebony with single-ply antique plastic binding
- Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 jumbo
- Inlays: Acrylic "lightning bolt" position-markers
- Nut: Corian
- Nut width: 1.550"
- Pickups: Gibson '57 Classic humbucking pickup (neck); Angus Young humbucker (lead)
- Volume Controls: individual volume control for each pickup, high-quality linear 300K potentiometer
- Tone Controls: high-quality non-linear 500K potentiometer, 0.0223mf capacitor
- Toggle Switch: three-way, stainless steel with cream plastic tip and cream trim ring
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Tuning Keys: vintage-Kluson-style tuners with pearloid keystone buttons, 14:1 gear ratio
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic, zinc with chrome plating
- Tailpiece: "stopbar," made from Zamak then plated with chrome
- Strap Buttons: aluminum
- Control Knobs: Gibson's black witch-hat knobs with silver inserts
- Pickguard: five-ply black/white/black/white/black
- Truss Rod Cover: black and white vinyl plastic, with Angus Young signature
- Hardshell Case: black, form-fitting hardshell with Gibson USA screenprinted on the outside.