What are the Types of Bass Amps?
There are two different styles of Bass Amps.
- You can either buy a Combo Amplifier (A combo amp has all parts of a full amplifier in one single unit.)
- A Standalone Bass Amp Head & Cabinet setup (is known as a 'stack'). This kind of setup allows the player to mix & match different Amps and Speakers resulting in a customized sound.
What is the difference between an Amp Head and Cabinet?
The amp head and cabinet setup is two separate pieces of equipment.
The head is an amplifier by itself with no speaker.
The Speaker Cabinet is only the speaker, also referred to as a "Cabinet".
Both these pieces together to create a "Stack".
What is a Bass Combo Amp?
A combo has all of the parts of the amplifier in one unit (this includes the amp head and the speaker cabinet). You can directly plug-in your Bass Guitar and play.
How many Watts are needed in a Bass amp?
For personal practice, any amp wattage from 15 to 100 Watts works well.
A 100 - 150 watt bass amp is the suggested for rehearsals and small gigs. Higher Wattage is better since it allows the amp to push out louder volume with less effort or strain without heating up.
What features to look for in a Bass Amp?
- Tone controls: Most bass amps provide control over bass, middle, and treble frequencies to help you dial in a pleasing sound.
- Multiple channels: Many amps have two or more channels.
- Gain control: Most amps allow you to control the amount of overdrive in the preamp stage.
Tube Amps vs Solid State Amps?
To amplify a guitar sound, Tube Amps use vacuum tubes. They also create a warmer, more harmonic sound and distortion that is smoother. Although, Tube Amps do require more care and attention.
Solid State Amps are less fragile and more reliable in general. Due to their circuitry-based amplification system, they are also less costly and travel-friendly.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction, Bajaao offers a 15 day return policy, which is better than the 10-day exchange policies commonly found at most online marketplaces or retailers. You can also call Bajaao’s highly skilled product specialists at +9122-42035353 for any product clarification or after-sales queries. In addition to having the largest catalog of products in the industry, Bajaao is also currently the only retailer that provides a Free 2 year warranty service and Lifetime Tech Support.a.