BAJAAO India introduces the Studiophile CX8 near-field studio monitor which extends M-Audio's 20-year legacy of engineering advanced music creation solutions. Designed by their dedicated team of monitor engineers, the CX line combines proprietary driver designs, custom waveguides, seamless crossover integration and advanced Acoustic Space controls. The result is a monitor series with excellent off-axis response, minimal distortion, an expansive soundstage, and the flexibility to adapt to any production space. The Studiophile CX8 speaker brings exceptionally accurate monitoring to any acoustic environment. Image Conscious Most near-field studio monitors require close and specific placement to yield acceptable stereo imaging. Years of research and work with waveguide design culminate in the amazing continuity, breadth, and depth of the Studiophile CX8 soundstage—even in challenging placement and listening conditions. M-Audio's custom OptImage IV waveguide design improves overall detail and clarity. It also controls the dispersion pattern of the mids and highs, offering a much wider soundstage than traditional waveguides. As a result, the M-Audio CX8 monitor delivers an accurate, detailed representation of your mix with a remarkably broad sweet spot.
Tailor the Speaker to Your Room Your listening environment and speaker placement greatly impact the performance of your monitors. To ensure effective monitoring in your unique production space, the Studiophile CX8 monitor offers Acoustic Space controls for tailoring each speaker to your room. Acoustic Space settings include -4dB, -2dB, and Flat—and the monitor also features LF Cutoff, MF Boost, and HF Trim switches for additional customization. These settings help to optimize frequency response within even the most difficult acoustic environments.
Optimized Frequency Response
The finely tuned integration of acoustic and electronic design elements in the CX8 monitor delivers cohesive sound—from solid bass, to well-defined mids, to smooth, transparent highs. Featuring a high-grade damping surround, the premium, Kevlar, low-frequency driver maximizes excursion to provide a clear, articulate low end with a bass impact you'd expect from a larger enclosure. The silk-dome, high-frequency driver with oversized 1.25" voice coil delivers an exceptional high-frequency response up to 30kHz.
The M-Audio CX8 components are designed to work together so that the entire system has superior headroom, resulting in lower high-frequency distortion and reduced listener fatigue compared to other monitors in its class. The bi-amplified design dedicates 80 watts for the lows and 40 watts for the highs. The low-frequency driver's venting and large voice coil provides both thermal and acoustic headroom. The high-frequency driver features an optimized, sealed rear chamber for more audible headroom (as well as lower frequency extension for greater mid-range clarity) than similarly priced products. These factors also contribute to a more uniform response at a variety of listening levels—allowing you to work longer without fatiguing your speakers or your ears.
Over the last 20 years, M-Audio has developed award-winning creative solutions and has become an established leader in multiple product categories, including studio monitor technology. The company's Los Angeles-based engineering team created the innovative reference solutions that propelled M-Audio to become a top-selling monitor manufacturer—then applied its extensive expertise to develop the CX series. The result is a line of world-class reference monitors that reset performance expectations for their class.
M-Audio Studiophile CX8 Studio Monitor Specifications:
- 1.25", silk-dome, high-frequency driver with oversized voice coil and rear chamber
- 8", Kevlar, long-excursion, low-frequency driver with high-damping rubber surround
- Acoustic Space controls optimize frequency response for your production space
- Bi-amplified, class A/B amplifier with external heat sink, recessed mounting and 14-gauge wiring to the transducers: 80 watts RMS for lows, 40 watts RMS for highs
- Contoured front baffle with integral OptImage IV waveguide
- Balanced combo input (XLR and 1/4" TRS); RCA unbalanced input
- Power and volume controls
- Ultra-solid, 1" front and rear MDF baffles and 3/4" MDF wrap with optimized internal bracing
- Rear-firing port with internal flare to minimize air turbulence
- Elegant lacquer paint with soft-touch painted faceplate
- Recessed amplifier mounting
- Extensive protection—RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter and external mains fuse