BAJAAO India Introduces Peavey's JSX Joe Satriani's Signature Amplifier Head. The Peavey JSX Joe Satriani Signature Head tears up the competition. Joe Satriani is undoubtedly one of the greatest guitar players of all time, and Peavey has built him an amp with the sound, feel, and flexibility he's always sought. With a punchy gain structure that boosts your playing with authority, this amp delivers sounds ranging from Classic 50 to vintage British, modern Triple XXX, and all the in-between tones.
The versatile and comprehensive control section supplies a master volume pot and independent volume knobs for each of the three channels (Ultra, Crunch, and Clean). Tone shaping is accomplished through passive controls for Bass, Mid, and Treble on the Clean channel, while the Ultra and Crunch channels use active Bottom, Body, and Hair (lo, mid, hi) controls. The Clean channel is pristine yet warm and is specifically voiced to work well with effects pedals. The Ultra and Crunch channels have gain controls and fat switches to further assist in taming this thunderous tube-powered beast while achieving killer sound.
Global resonance and presence knobs increase control of high-end tones, while a noise gate on the Crunch and Ultra channels cuts down on the excess noise generated by running the gain and EQ controls on high settings. Since the gate is fully adjustable, you can really clamp down, leave it slightly open, or just turn it off.
The JSX uses 3 - 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 - EL34 power amp tubes. The power amp section delivers an earth-quaking 120W of pure tube power and can be converted to 4 - 6L6GC. It is also designed to work equally well into 4-, 8-, or 16-ohm loads.
Made in the USA.
Peavey JSX Joe Satriani Signature Head Specifications:
- Designed to Joe Satriani's specifications
- Global Resonance and Presence controls
- 120W of pure tube power
- 3 channels: Ultra, Clean, and Crunch
- 3-band EQ on each channel
- Punchy high-gain structure on the Crunch and Ultra channels
- Comes with EL34 tubes, but can be configured for 6L6 tubes
- Fully adjustable noise gate for the Crunch and Ultra channels
- Separate Fat switches on the Crunch and Ultra channels
- All controls located on the front panel
- Noise gate
- Uses 3 - 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 - EL34 power amp tubes
- Master volume
- Independent volume knobs
- Passive controls for bass, mid, and treble on the Clean channel
- Ultra and Crunch channels use active Bottom, Body, and Hair (lo, mid, hi) controls
- 4-, 8-, or 16-ohm loads