Roland Fantom 8 88 Key Synthesizer Keyboard
FANTOM is a new kind of creative hub, made for rapid production and expressive performance. Inspiring onboard production tools and deep computer integration fuel an experience that feels intuitive, natural, and full of possibilities. The expandable sound engine delivers our best electronic and acoustic sounds, with the depth and control to combine and shape them in exciting new ways. And it’s built from premium materials, with a purposeful design, and the best 61-, 76-, and 88-note keyboards we’ve ever made.
- Acclaimed PHA-50 weighted keyboard with 88 keys and aftertouch
- Seamless workflow with no confusing modes
- Expandable sound engine delivers authentic electronic and acoustic sounds
- Fresh hybrid sounds combining modern PCM, virtual analog, and a routable analog filter
- V-Piano technology for stunning realism and expression
- Scenes contain settings for all 16 layers, plus effects and patterns
- Multitrack clip-based sequencing with instant pattern recording and triggering
- TR-REC sequencer as found on classic Roland drum machines
- High-resolution controls with dedicated synth control section
- Massive DSP power for plenty of polyphony and smooth sound transitions
- Deep integration with DAWs and softsynths and 16x3 stereo audio interface
- Acclaimed 88-note weighted keyboard with aftertouch
At every turn, FANTOM fulfills the need to create. Its smooth, rapid workflow has no confusing modes, frustrating technical limits, or trade-offs with sound quality. FANTOM’s creative process reflects how today’s musicians work, with fluid composition tools, instantly recallable creative environments, and deep computer integration.
NO MODES. JUST SEAMLESS WORKFLOW.
When the creative juices are flowing, there should be no barriers. With FANTOM, you won’t compromise your sound or suffer workarounds due to outdated technical limits. And forget worrying about what features work in which mode. FANTOM is always in full-on creative mode and your workflow stays consistent, no matter what.
MAKE A SCENE.
When you’re ready to create, so is FANTOM—and all it takes is a single touch. Your sounds, patterns, and performance layouts are arranged into custom creative spaces called Scenes. A Scene can be an entire song, section of a song, or a starting point with your favorite sounds laid out just how you like. Scenes can be chained together and changed instantly with no gaps or glitches.
You shouldn’t have to wonder how many effects are available, or if you can change sounds seamlessly without limiting complex patches. With FANTOM, you can focus on playing music, not rationing processing power. And with so much power under the hood, you can run all 16 parts with all available effects—simultaneously—with full patch-remain for seamless transitions. It’s like having the power of two complete FANTOMs in one.
FANTOM’s flexible and expandable sound engine leverages decades of research and development, dishing out inspiring and authentic electronic, acoustic, and hybrid sounds by the bucketload. Combine different synthesis and sampling technologies along with the onboard analog filter for new and unusual sounds—and take advantage of new sound expansions and capabilities as they arrive.
ONE ENGINE. INFINITE POSSIBILITIES.
Drawing from over four decades of genre-defining sounds, FANTOM’s expandable sound engine nails our classic synths but pushes into new sonic territory as well. Our custom Behavior Modeling Chips power FANTOM’s core, with smooth and precise control, loads of polyphony, and full patch remain. And FANTOM is part of an expandable platform, with new sounds and new possibilities coming.
AUTHENTIC, EVOCATIVE SOUNDS.
FANTOM runs multiple synthesis technologies simultaneously, for authentic acoustic and electronic sounds, both modern and classic. You can also sample your own sounds and trigger up to 2 GBs worth of loops and one-shots from the pad matrix. There’s a fully routable analog filter for extra warmth and grit, and you can even mix soft synths with FANTOM’s internal sounds.
THE PIANO IS KEY.
Considered by many as the king of instruments, piano sits at the heart of the creative process for composers across a range of musical genres. FANTOM uses our V-Piano technology for pianos that don’t just sound real, they feel real. Craft pianos that play and respond like their acoustic counterparts and match your personal taste.
FANTOM’s synth engine is based on partials. Each partial starts with a discrete synth voice–complete with oscillator, filter, amplifier, dual LFO and effects. You can have up to four partials in a single tone, and a Scene can contain up to 16 tones for complex layers, splits, and sequenced parts.
Low-frequency oscillators add movement to static sounds. More LFOs mean more modulation possibilities and more ways to explore new ground. FANTOM has two LFOs per partial, four partials per tone—and since you can stack 16 tones, that’s a staggering 128 LFOs per voice. And FANTOM’s Step-LFOs have 16 steps of beat-synced automation with 37 curve choices per step. This creates long evolving passages, modular-style animated textures, and sounds with deeply intricate movement.
FANTOM is a complete musical composition platform that excels at fast creation and fluid arrangement. You have RGB pads, a classic TR-REC style pattern sequencer, real-time recording with piano-roll editing, and a grid for recording and launching clips. Use any or all, whenever you want.
FROM SPARK TO FIRE.
Different musical genres need diverse production styles and specialized tools. You can create patterns on FANTOM in a variety of ways including real and step-time polyphonic sequencing, or the TR-REC pattern sequencer—perfect for rhythmic parts—as used on our iconic drum machines.
A great way to build up a track is by arranging clips that contain musical patterns. Drums, basslines, pads, and other patterns can be recorded into clips that you can trigger individually, or in groups. It’s a lightning-fast way to compose and ideal for triggering backing tracks during live performance.
A clean and intuitive layout, premium materials, and our best-ever keyboard action. The result? An instrument that begs to be played.
- Keyboard : 88 Keys (semi-weighted keyboard and channel aftertouch)
- V-Piano Technology
- Parts : 16 Zones(Internal + External)
- Scenes : 128 Scenes x 4
- Bank: TonesOver 3,500
- Tones : Over 90 Drum kits
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP: 6 systems
- Insertion Effect: 2 System, 90 Type
- Chorus: 8 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Mic Input Reverb: 6 types
- Analog FilterSTEREO
- Type: LPF1/LPF2/LPF3/HPF/BPF/Bypass
- MIDI Tracks : 16(Internal/External)
- Group : 16
- Pattern : 8 (per each Track)
- Pattern Length : 32 mesures
- Recording Method : Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
- SAMPLER : Format16-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported
- Maximum Polyphony : 8
- Number of Samples : 16 Pads x 4 Banks
- Rhythm Pattern : Yes
- Arpeggiator : Yes
- Chord Memory : Yes
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- Control Knob x 8
- Slider x 8
- USB Audio Slider
- Wheel x 2
- Function Knob x 6
- Sound Modified Knob x 11
- 4 x 4 Pad
- Display : Graphic Type, 7", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color/Touch screen)
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
- SUB OUT1 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT2 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- ANALOG OUTPUT Jacks(1,2)(1/4-inch phone type)
- Mic/Line Input Jacks: (1,2) (1/4 inch phone type/XLR type)
- 2 x CV OUT, 2x GATE OUT
- FOOT PEDAL JackS(HOLD, CTRL1,CTRL2,CTRL3)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT1, OUT2/THRU)
- USB MEMORY Port
- USB COMPUTER Port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- 3 x External Device PortE
- xternal Memory : USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- Power Supply : AC 117–240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption : 50 W
- Owner's manual
- Power Cord
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width:1432 mm / 56-7/16 inches
- Depth: 439 mm / 17-5/16 inches
- Height:153 mm/ 6-1/16 inches
- Weight:27.7 kg/61 lbs 2 oz
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This machine is extremely well designed with exceptionally high-quality components as I witnessed till now. This is can be easily used for production. It's very rich in features and seems to be one of the bests in musical workstations business!. This Beast machine is built with the highest materials and newest technology from Roland.
My personal opinion is if you definitely wanted a best and most powerful musical instrument and have money for this, then, this is the machine for you should be having! You definitely won't be disappointed. It powerful abilities and embedded features more than you can expect from a state of the art machine with highest quality materials and latest technologies.