Believed to have been derived from the Veena, the Sitar was quickly adapted in Hindustani music. This kind of Sitar belongs to the Ravi Shankar school of music. This Sitar is made from top quality Red Cedar wood. Sitars can be made in many types and the craftsmanship for each one differs from the other. Sitars with impeccable tuning are a quality norm at Ultimate Guru. Special care is taken that there aren’t any cracks in the wood and no joints in the neck or in the gourd. The Sitar is a Kharaj Pancham style sitar which has seven main strings and 11 sympathetic strings. It is 50 inches tall and weighs about 3.7 kgs. The facades have hand carved Grape wine or Angur Patta design on the back and intricate celluloid carvings on the front. Both designs are meticulously engraved and hand painted. It has a medium brown color and has a glossy finish. The metal string-set is made from the best quality steel, copper and bronze. Wooden knobs are lotus shaped. Knobs for the sympathetic strings are smaller and made with delicate floral inlay patterns designs on them.
Ultimate Guru's key sitar maker was even profiled by the prestigious discovery channel.
Ultimate Guru Kharaj Pancham Concert Grade Sitar Features are:
- Custom made handcrafted Red Cedar wood Sitar
- Acoustic in nature
- Kharaj Pancham Model : Has 7 main strings and 11 sympathetic strings
- Neck and gourd carved from singular wooden piece
- Professional grade instrument
- Has floral detailing with hand painted motifs and Angur patta design on the gourd as well
- Tuning knobs are lotus shaped
- Tuning knobs for sympathetic strings have delicate floral inlay work on them.
- Micro-tuners are placed on main strings.
- Medium brown color that allows one to see the wooden texture
- Tuned to perfection
- Camel bone bridge
- String set made from finest quality steel, copper and bronze.
- Quality tested by Ultimate Guru
- Made in India by master craftsman in Miraj, India.
- HDP Cases / Suitcases for flight travel can be purchased separately.
Package Includes :
- One Ultimate Guru Concert Grade Sitar
- Rexene bag
- Height: 50 inches
- Largest Circumference at Gourd: 43 inches.
- Weight : 3.7 kgs
Buy a good quality Sitar String set here.
Buy good quality Microtuners here.
* Slight changes in product design may occur since each one is handmade. The quality of the product remains undisturbed.
Made in India