The AKG C 414 XL II condenser microphone is the successor to the famous AKG C 414 B-TL II mic. The AKG C 414 XL II mic shows the unique sonic signature of the highly sought after AKG C 12 which enables lead vocals and solo instruments to be placed even in a dense mix. The unrivaled up-front sound is also well-known for distant miking applications like classic music recording or drum ambience miking.
The XL II mic version differs from the XLS version in one major respect—the capsule. Both the slight presence boost and the impressive spatial reproduction is similar to the legendary AKG C 12 microphones.
The AKG C 414 XL II offers 9 pickup patterns for you to choose the perfect setting for every application. For live-sound applications and permanent installations, all controls can be disabled easily enablin trouble-free use. A Peak Hold LED displays even shortest overload peaks.
AKG ships the C 414 XL II microphone complete with carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and a spider-type shock mount.
For over 60 years, leading musicians and engineers have used legendary AKG microphones to capture their sound so their audience hears every nuance. The C 414 family has been one of the world's most widely-used and respected studio and stage microphones in audio history. AKG has continually set new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications, and ease of use to answer requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations, and audio engineers.
The AKG C 414 XL II Features:
- Upgrade of the AKG C 414, a legend since 1971
- Nine selectable pickup patterns enables to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Lock Mode: all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152dB
- Three switchable different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components ensure shortest signal path and extra protection against moisture
- Designed, engineered, and built in Vienna, Austria
- Excellent for:
- Lead vocals
- Lead instruments
- Choir miking
- Drum overhead miking
- Classic music recording.
The AKG C 414 XL II Specifications:
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight and 4 intermediate settings
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34dBV) ± 0.5dB
- Max. SPL: 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158dB (0/-6/-12/-18dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 6dB-A (0dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 88dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0dB, -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12dB/octave at 40Hz and 80Hz; 6dB/octave at 160Hz
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Supply voltage: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Powering: approximately 4 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Finish: dark grey/gold
- Dimensions: 50mm x 38mm x 160mm (2.0" x 1.5" x 6.3")
- Net weight: 300g (10.6oz.).
In the Box:
- 1 x C414 XLII Microphone
- 1 x H85 Universal Shock Mount
- 1 x Metal Carrying Case
- 1 x PF80 Pop Filter
- 1 x W414 Windscreen C414
Its to gud quality Microphone in this budget
I ve used many mics from 100 - 500 $ of price. They are good but doesnt mix good with every voice you throw.. but this mic takes eq so well and cuts through the mix like anything !! its a smoother mic with some air. -6db of self noise takes compression very easily without increasing noise and is best suited to my project home studio with only moderate sound proofing !! Highly recommended if you have budget.
Great sound. For mine.
This microphone is beast when it comes to vocals. It will give you that perfect warmth that every vocalist expects from any microphone. It is an asset for every musician.
This is a new version of the legendary and classic AKG C414 which has won numerous awards in the past so I really don't need to tell you how amazing it is .. All I can say is Ive heard some of the more expensive Neumann's and stuff and these are easily comparable! My only regret, I got this through a friend from the US for almost a 1000$ and later realised Bajaao has it for a much cheaper price. Sweeet Deal!