A solid mixer with great effects! The ZED-22 FX is the perfect center to your live rig - and it's also ready to rock in the studio. First of all, the Allen & Heath ZED-22 FX gives you all the connections you need to hook up a small band, duo, or solo performer. Thanks to the 16 mic/line channels you can connect all the mics and DI boxes you need. Plus you've got three dual stereo channels available, each with a gain and 2-band EQ control. The FX in the name, though, is what takes the cake. Here, you can get tweaky with 16 separate effects for nailing the perfect, polished live sound with the ZED-22FX.
Those guys and gals at Allen & Heath definitely know mixers. And their ZED series is super popular for a number of reasons, not the least of which because it puts first-Class A&H quality at a new affordable price point. This is a mixer your band is going to be proud to use. More than that, it sounds great. We've already mentioned a bit about the I/O capabilities, but you'll also want to know that it has four aux sends available - 1 and 2 are prefade and 3 and 4 are post fade for monitoring with effects. Here's the magic. You can send a stereo signal from the auxes via USB right to your computer, so you can create two separate record feeds that are totally independent of the main L/R mix. The ZED-22 FX is Mac and PC compatible and you've got three send/return configurations for recording, playback, and external FX. That's a lot of power. And you've got a copy of SONAR LE recording software included for free, giving you a straightforward recording solution on your PC.
Now for the effects. Onboard, 16 separate effects have been crafted into the ZED-22 FX mixer, ready for any kind of live sound material you face. These include a number of useful delays and reverbs, including a ping-pong delay and a selection of reverbs with different room/hall/arena properties. You'll also dig the flanger and chorus. Every effect has a parameter you can tweak to dial in your sound and five of the effects support tap tempo for really getting into the groove.
All in all, with the combination of mic/line inputs (and these preamps are awesome, by the way), professional effects, recording capabilities, and bullet-proof construction, you can't go wrong with the Allen & Heath ZED-22 FX. Get one!Allen & Heath ZED-22 FX Features:
Allen & Heath ZED-22 FX Specifications:
- 22-channel mixer with 16 mic/line inputs and three dual stereo channels
- USB audio connection for immediate recording
- Includes a free copy of SONAR LE recording software for PC
- Feature four aux sends, 1 and 2 are prefade, 3 and 4 are post fade
- High-quality DuoPre microphone preamplifiers with huge 69dB gain range
- Musical 3-band EQ on 16 main channels, 2-band EQ on the stereo channels
- Three switches for varying your send/return configurations for recording
- 16 built-in effects, including delays, reverbs, flange, and chorus
- Type: Analog
- Channels: 22
- Inputs - Mic Preamps: 16 x XLR
- Inputs - Line: 6 x TRS (CH 1-6), 6 x TRS (CH 17-22 Stereo)
- Outputs - Main: 2 x XLR (Main), 1 x TRS (Mono)
- Outputs - Other: 2 x RCA (Alt), 2 x RCA (Rec)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8"
- Send/Return I/O: 3 x TRS, 2 x RCA (ST RTN), 2 x RCA (2TRK RTN)
- Phantom Power: 16
- EQ Bands: 3-band, Sweepable Mid (CH 1-16), 2-band (CH 17-22 Stereo)
- Aux Sends: 2 x Pre, 1 x Post, 1 x Post/FX
- Faders: 22 x 100mm
- Channel Inserts: Yes (CH 1-16)
- Effects: Yes
- Computer Connectivity: 1 x USB
- Height: 3.9"
- Width: 25.4"
- Depth: 18.3"