Boss ML-2 Metal Core Distortion Effect Pedal
Heavy distortion with sharp-edged attack, and controls for screaming and metallic tone
When you need a powerful tool that complements your guitar, the Boss ML-2 Metal Core Distortion Effect Pedal is second to none. Specially meant for metal guitarists, the distortion pedal accentuates the sharpness in the sound. It is very useful when you want to add a rhythm distortion to your guitar sound. The distortion pedal offers a simple control setup with three knobs for controlling high and low frequencies, volume, and distortion.
Importance of a Distortion Pedal
A distortion pedal derives far better distortion in contrast to the overdrive pedal. Many distortion pedals emulates professional sound quality, and enhances the low, high, mid frequencies to make the tone far better sounding than before. The distortion pedal brings out the hidden character of a tone to let raise your performance bar during a live gig or while recording in a studio.
Ideal for Metal Guitarist
The Boss ML-2 metal core distortion effect pedal provides power to the guitarists for generating distortion in their music. It not only makes the music more attractive, but also gives it a unique character. Its heavy distortion and gain easily cuts through the rhythm adding a special touch to it. This effect can be used during the introduction of your song or when the action is near its peak.
Simple Controls for Easy and Quick Adjustments
Boss ML-2 features intuitive controls that allow you to make accurate signal adjustments without experiencing any hassle. Use the high and low knobs for shaping the sound. These two knobs let you decide how warm or bright the sound would be. Turn the low and high north to get a scooping effect while playing a rhythm. When performing solo, turn down the high and low for a steady mid-range distortion. You can also use the high and low knobs independently when playing blazing metallic tone or a warm low-pitched sound.
Built to Last in Any Environment
The Boss ML-2 metal core distortion effect pedal can take up any type of pressure and treatment. It features a rigid metal construction that protects the internal circuits from damage. The switches have a long lifespan ensuring their functionality for a long time. The LED indicates the status of the pedal.Ideal for Metal Guitarist
- Heavy distortion with sharp-edged attack for crushing metal riffs to heighten your performance
- Simple and intuitive controls for ensuring an easy operation
- Best pick for both new and experienced heavy metal guitarists
- Low control provides command over the warmness in the tone
- High control allows you to adjust the top-frequency for sharpening those traditional metallic tones
- All metal construction ensures durability in any challenging environment
- Nominal Input Level: -20dBu
- Input Impedance: 1kΩ
- Nominal Output Level: -20dBu
- Output Impedance: 1kΩ
- Controls: Pedal Switch, LEVEL knob, LOW knob, HIGH knob, and DIST knob
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, and AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V, Dry Battery 6F22 (9V) Type(Carbon), Dry Battery 6LR61 (9V) Type(Alkaline), and AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 36mA (DC 9V)
- Compatibility: AC Adaptor: PSA Series
- Accessories: Manual, Leaflet, and Dry Battery 006P/9V (6LR61)
- Dimensions: 2-7/8 × 5-1/8 × 2-3/8-inch (W × D × H)
- Weight: 440 g
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This is, as the name suggests, indeed one of the best distortion pedals for modern metal sounds; but it is also worth mentioning that with the gain set to zero, you could get a pretty thick and somewhat bluesy tone out of it.
close your eyes and go for it . if your a metalcore
With its extreme gain, the ML-2 is the most potent and heavy distortion pedal ever created by Boss. It easily delivers massive distortion and gain with heavy lows for playing Nu Metal, Grind core, industrial, hard core, or any genre that requires crushing sound.
If you want a pedal to make your guitar sound heavy? Buy this one and you will never look back. You will not getter better heavy riffs out of any other pedal!!!!
As I said the name says it all...its the very core of your metal tone...its heavy. its flat, its crunchy, its whatever you want from a Metal Distortion Pedal...Just think of it as Boss Turbo distortion pedal + Boss Overdrive Pedal + Boss Metal Zone pedal NOTHING MORE TO SAY :)