DPA d:vote 4099 Bass Condenser Clip on Microphone Overview:
The d:vote 4099B Instrument Microphone for Bass is perfect for PA amplification and live recording of acoustic upright bass. It offers a sound that is considerably more natural than an internal microphone or pickup. There are several excellent placement possibilities on the instrument.
The microphone and its mounting system are both designed and optimized for the double bass. This ensures that the best mounting and audio reinforcement is achieved when performing live. The mic clip attaches to the E- and G-string below the bridge. This ensures mic placement in the sweet spot between the bridge and fingerboard.
The d:vote 4099 Instrument Microphone series is unique. This series allows you to achieve the purest reproduction of your instrument. The mics feature supercardioid polar patterns for superior gain-before-feedback. They are fully capable of handling the double bass’s dynamic range and subtle details.
Known for their discreet size and elegance, these mics feature a lightweight design. Yet, d:vote 4099 Instrument Microphones are also rugged. The versatile gooseneck provides stable and repeatable positioning. The mics can be easily unclipped and repositioned or moved to another instrument. The mounting system is designed to never blemish or scratch the finish of your instrument. The flexible design supports a wide variety of mounting and positioning possibilities.
Its flexible design supports a wide variety of mounting and positioning possibilities. It also offers extremely natural sound. The d:vote 4099 Instrument Microphone is truly a musician’s mic without equal.
Flexible adapter system
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a whole new microphone. And when you make the switch, you won't hear any loss or change in sound quality.
The d:vote 4099 Instrument Microphone series features cables that are detachable from the gooseneck. This makes it more convenient to mount the mic on an instrument before connecting it. The d:vote 4099B Instrument Microphone for Bass comes with the heavy duty 2.2 mm (0.09 in) cable, which is ideal for PA and live gigs. The thinner 1.6 mm (0.06 in) miniature cable is more appropriate for personal mounting on instruments. You can choose between the different cable qualities, to tailor your mic to a specific task.
You can reduce cable clutter onstage by using our Double Cable (DAO4099). The cable carries both the mic extension cable and a pickup jack connection in one. The dual cables run in a nylon sock. The jack uses high-quality Mogami cable and gold Neutrik connectors. At the instrument end, there is a right-angled connector. The microphone extension is the miniature cable.
- Superior gain before feedback
- Natural sound – easy to blend with pickup
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Mount has no impact on acoustic sound
- Detachable cable and versatile gooseneck extender
- Flexible adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, at 20 cm (7.9 in): 80 Hz - 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10-12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 142 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 - 40 O. From DAD4099/DAD6001-BC: 100 O
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 46 g (1.16 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in) / 2.2 mm (0.09 in)
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Gooseneck length: 140 mm (5.5 in)