The Thunderbird IV was first introduced in 1963 and instantly became one of rock's most recognizable bass guitar designs. For almost five decades, the Thunderbird has powered artists as varied as Nikki Sixx, The Who, Kings of Leon, Cheap Trick, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steely Dan and The Silversun Pickups. Turn on your radio and you'll hear a Thunderbird bass. Now, Epiphone takes all the vintage mojo of the original Thunderbird IV and sends it flying into the future with Gibson USA TB Plus humbuckers with ceramic magnets and all the 'Bird's original styling and features intact.
The Thunderbird IV was one of the most radical designs to come out of the Gibson and Epiphone Kalamazoo factory in the early '60s, thanks to legendary automotive designer Ray Dietrich, who was asked to put a new twist on solidbody guitars and basses. The sound of the Thunderbird IV was as cutting edge as its design and now the Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO returns with all of Epiphone's first-class quality and a lifetime guarantee, but without the hassles of owning (or hiding) a vintage instrument.
Like all Epiphone instruments, the Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO comes with Epiphone's Limited Lifetime Warranty and Gibson 24/7/365 customer service.
Case not included.Features:
Order your Epiphone Thunderbird Classic-IV PRO today at the guaranteed lowest price
- Body: Mahogany body wings
- Neck: 7-ply mahogany/walnut
- Neck Profile: 1960s rounded bass profile
- Neck joint: Through-neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid dot inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20-medium jumbo, nickel/silver alloy
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.50"
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA TB Plus humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA TB Plus humbucker
- Bridge: Classic style 3-point adjustable Flush-Mount, fully adjustable
- Controls: Neck volume/bridge volume/master tone
- Tuners: Black die-cast 17:1 ratio
- Hardware: Black
- Control knobs: Black TopHats with chrome metal inserts
- Case: Not included