Faith Natural series were the very first style of Faith Guitar, and are a classic combination of Spruce and Mahogany.
Using high grade Englemann Spruce for the top and satin finished Mahogany for the back and sides, Natural models feature solid Rosewood binding and Macassan Ebony for the fingerboard, bridge, headplate and heelcap.
Tonally, this combination of wood is generally warm, sweet and mellow, delivering an overall balanced tone. Visualising this as a frequency curve, it would be shaped like a frown: lower on the bass, rising through the middle and dipping once again at the top end. This tonal character means that the notes blend together well and therefore is ideal for strumming and accompaniment purposes, and when recorded, it sits comfortably in a mix.
The solid Engelmann Spruce top is coated with a thin, protective lacquer whereas the back and sides are finished with a satin feel. This contrast ensures a good balance between both control and natural resonance.
Natural models are available either as straight acoustic guitars or as electro-acoustic models. Those fitted with a pickup will use Shadow Electronics' 'Performer Tuner' preamp matched to a Shadow Nanoflex undersaddle pickup.Specifications:
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Side Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Binding: Solid Rosewood
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width: Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: Gloss Top / Satin Back and Sides.