Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass Electric Guitar - Maple Overview:
American Ultra is our most advanced series of guitars and basses for discerning players who demand the ultimate in precision, performance and tone. The American Ultra Jazz Bass V features a unique “Modern D” neck profile for hours of playing comfort, and the tapered neck heel allows easy access to the highest register. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets means effortless action, while the Ultra Noiseless Vintage pickups and redesigned preamp provide endless tonal possibilities – without hum. The sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional. This versatile, state-of-the-art instrument will inspire you to push your playing to new heights.
Other features include “F”-stamped lightweight vintage-paddle tuning machines with tapered shafts, chrome hardware and bone nut. Includes premium molded hardshell case.
- Alder or ash body with sculpted rear contours
- “Modern D”-shaped neck profile with Ultra satin finish
- Bound 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard; 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Two Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass pickups
- Redesigned active/passive preamp
MODERN "D" NECK
Slim with wide shoulders, the “Modern D” neck profile works for any musical style and a silky, smooth Ultra satin finish make the neck effortless to play.
Built for speed and easy bending, the 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard is rounded near the nut, becoming increasingly flatter as it nears the upper register.
ULTRA NOISELESS VINTAGE PICKUPS
The Ultra Noiseless Vintage pickups feature true classic Fender tone without hum.
ENHANCED BODY CONTOURS
The tapered neck heel allows unparalleled access to the upper registers of the fingerboard, while the sculpted rear body contour is designed for comfort.
RE-DESIGNED ACTIVE/PASSIVE PREAMP
Redesigned for more versatile tone, this preamp features sweeter highs, focused mids and more usable bass.
The HiMass bridge has a lot of metal—and a lot of mass—creating rock-solid sustain, intonation and tuning stability.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Binding: None
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
- Neck Binding: White
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Bone
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Bridge Pickup: Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Configuration: SS
- Neck Pickup: Ultra Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass
- Switching: None
- Bridge: 5-Saddle HiMass (Toploaded)
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt
Strings: Fender USA 7250-5M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.125 Gauges)