The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender® history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots—expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we've completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more—based on actual vintage guitars we tracked down to make sure we had it right. We did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
The American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster® takes you back to the middle of that musically momentous decade, when the reverb-drenched surf had largely receded and the Jazzmaster began its steady decade-long ascent toward alternative indispensability for subversive new generations of iconoclastic guitarists. It had also acquired some elegant new design features by 1965, such as a bound round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays, and distinctive white "witch hat" control knobs.
- Mid-’60s “C”-shaped neck profile
- Bound round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays
- Specially voiced pickups
- Dual-circuit wiring and controls
- White “witch hat” control knobs
- Vintage-style floating tremolo bridge with lock button
- Flash-coat lacquer finish
- Newly voiced American Vintage pickups
- Bone nut
- Bound fingerboard
- Warranty Included
- Body Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Bridge: American Vintage Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- Case/Gig Bag: Updated Deluxe Vintage Black
- Color: Olympic White
- Configuration: SS
- Control Knobs: White "Witch Hat"
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Chrome/Nickel-Plated Steel
- Included Accessories: Vintage '65 Jazz Strap, Cable, and Cloth; Flatwound String Set, '60s Jazz Information Kit, Bridge Cover, Vintage and Modern Owner's Manuals, Saddle Height Wrench
- Neck Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Other Features: Bound round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays; White "witch hat" control knobs; All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound, with classic dual-circuit wiring and controls; Vintage-style floating tremolo with lock button
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
Enjoy complete peace of mind as this product is covered with a 2Yr BAJAAO Warranty. A quick turnaround time and priority support ensures that you don't need to worry at all carrying your gear on the road.