Fender ® introduces one of its most distinctive signature models ever, the Kurt Cobain Jaguar ®-meticulously modeled on the battered and highly unusual 1965 Jaguar that Cobain used when he rocked the world with Nirvana.
Fender craftsmen have reproduced Cobain's battle-hardened left-handed Jaguar down to the last unusual detail, including securing its worn finish, dual humbucking pickups and unique electronics and controls (which were already in place When Kurt acquired the guitar in summer 1991).
Unique features include an age body with Road Worn aged finish and hardware treatment, bound fretboard with pearloid dot markers, Stratocaster headstock shape with 1950s-style "spaghetti" logo, DiMarzio® humbucking DP103 PAF 36th Anniversary neck pickup and DP100 Super Distortion bridge pickup, triple knurled "chrome-dome" knob configuration (volume-volume-tone), three-position toggle switch, black chrome Adjusto-Matic ™ bridge and Gotoh® sealed tuners.
Accessories include a black textured vinyl hard-shell case and an exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book with photos and commentary by Charles Peterson and an Insightful interview with Nirvana guitar tech Earnie Bailey.
Fender Kurt Cobain Road Worn Jaguar Features:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Body Finish: (0143000700, 0143020700) Gloss Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot Position Inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 "(24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Nut Width: 1.650 "(42 mm)
- Scale Length: 24 "(61 cm)
- Neck Plate: Vintage Style 4 Bolt
- Neck Binding: White
- Truss Rods: Original Vintage Style
- Pickup Configuration: H / H
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® DP100 Super Distortion Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® PAF DP-103 36th Anniversary Humbucking Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1 Bridge Pickup, Position 2 Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3 Neck Pickup
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Hardware Finish: Nickel / Chrome
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic ™ Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Position On / Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits