Fender Player Jazz Bass Guitar - Pau Ferro Fretboard Overview:
With its dual single-coil pickups and smooth playing feel, the Player Jazz Bass is an inspiring instrument with classic, elevated style and authentic Fender bass tone. It’s powerful, rumbling sound is punchy and tight; a growling voice that’s matched with fast, smooth playing feel for a shot of creative inspiration. Ready for action in the studio, or on the stage, the Player Jazz Bass can take anything you can think of—and everything you haven’t yet.
PLAYER SERIES PICKUPS
Designed for authentic Fender tone—with a bit of an edge—our Player Series pickups keep a foot in the past while looking to the future.
Combining form and function perfectly, the 4-saddle bridge features modern slotted saddles for enhanced tuning stability and punchy attack.
“MODERN C” NECK PROFILE
This neck is designed for comfort and performance, with a “Modern C”-shaped profile and a smooth back finish—ideal for almost any playing style.
OPEN-GEAR TUNING MACHINES
A classic design element from the earliest days of the electric bass, the open-gear tuning machines offer rock-solid tuning stability.
MORE TRADITIONAL BODY RADII
The Player Jazz Bass body is hand-shaped to original specifications.
“F”-STAMPED NECK PLATE
Each Player Jazz Bass includes an “F”-stamped neck plate, leaving no doubt as to the instrument’s pedigree.
- Alder body with gloss finish
- Two Player Series single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Two volume controls, master tone control
- “Modern C"-shaped neck profile
- 9.5"-radius fingerboard
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Switching: None
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "F" Stamped
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)
This product includes Beginner's Guide to Learning Guitar E-book
Made in Mexico
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I've wanted an actual Jazz bass for a while now and finally picked one up. I'm very glad I did. The shape of the neck makes it easier to play for me than some wider rounder necks. The action and setup, out of the box, was perfect. Being a Jazz Bass, it is very versatile tone wise. This version looks beautiful. Pictures dont even do it justice. I was able to get one on sale and it was totally worth every rupees i spent