The Ascari: Born of History, Entirely New.
G&L’s done something special: We’ve created an instrument that’s steeped in guitar history yet strikingly new - The Ascari, the newest member of G&L’s Tribute Series.
It was inspired by a recently uncovered prototype drawing done three decades ago by G&L co-founder George Fullerton, representing Leo Fender’s† vision for G&L’s first 24¾” scale, three-tuners-to-a-side guitar. It was designed jointly by G&L’s longtime VP of engineering, Paul Gagon, and his close friend and former collaborator, Grover Jackson, founder of Jackson Guitars. Its DNA is full of rock guitar history.
Yet it breaks new ground for G&L: it has a set neck, a Leo-inspired headstock with three tuners to a side, and a 24¾” scale to put it squarely on the classic side of the rock’n’roll stage.
Add in a Tone-Pros tailpiece and tappable humbuckers specially designed by Gagon right here on Fender Avenue, and you have a gorgeous, high-performance rock guitar that’s simultaneously strikingly new and steeped in rock guitar history.Specifications
- Construction : set-neck
- Scale : 24 3/4"
- Pickups : G&L AS4255C in neck position, G&L AW4368C in bridge position; designed by Paul Gagon
- Body Wood : Mahogany with Flame Maple top
- Neck Wood : Mahogany with Rosewood fingerboard
- Neck Radius : 12"
- Frets : 22 medium jumbo
- Neck Width At Nut : 1 11/16"
- Neck Profile : modern slim C
- Neck Inlay : pearl trapezoid
- Bridge : Tone-Pros locking C-TPFP bridge and CT1 tailpiece
- Controls : 3 position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull coil tap
This product includes Beginner's Guide to Learning Guitar E-book