Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute Electric Guitar
Gibson's Les Paul '60s Tribute solidbody electric guitar pays homage to that tumultuous decade while giving you incredible playability and comfort, along with the fat, snarling tone that put the 'Paul on the map with guitar legends like Eric Clapton. The 1960s were a formative time for music, and the LP was at the epicenter. The 2013 Les Paul '60s Tribute gives you Gibson's classic tonewood combo - with weight relief, so you can rock all night, while a pair of BurstBuckers serve up mountains of tone and sustain. Play a classic: the Gibson Les Paul '60s Tribute.
The Les Paul recipe for sustain - mahogany body with maple top
Gibson's Les Paul '60s Tribute gives you the robust sustain you need for hot liquid solos and massive power chords. What's Gibson's secret? A major part of the Les Paul's tonewood recipe is the fusion of a maple top on a mahogany body. This combination is largely responsible for the legendary Les Paul sound - as well the LP's reputation for being rather heavy. But fear not! Gibson's traditional weight relief has been scientifically applied to this 'Paul - giving you all the sustain, without the pain. Now you can play marathon gigs without next-day visits to the chiropractor. The Gibson Les Paul '60s Tribute - it's what rock dreams are made of.
BurstBuckers give you monumental tone and sustain
In 1958 the Les Paul got an "upgrade" to two humbucking pickups, which were designed by Gibson's Seth Lover and are widely called "PAFs" because early examples had "Patent Applied For" stickers on the underside. It wasn't until Eric Clapton plugged a Les Paul into a Marshall amp that the light went on in many players heads: humbuckers equal big, fat tone! The Gibson Les Paul '60s Tribute is equipped with two of the best humbucking pickups Gibson has ever produced: BurstBuckers. With a tight low-end, complex midrange and sweet treble, the sound is everything you'd ever want from a Les Paul.
Slim Taper neck for uber-playability
The Gibson Les Paul '60s Tribute sports a comfortable, fast-action neck with a '60s Slim Taper profile. Early Les Paul guitars had huge "tree-trunk" necks, but beginning in 1959, the company began slimming the neck down to a more comfortable size. By 1960, this evolved into a design Gibson called the Slim Taper neck. Varying in thickness only about a tenth of an inch from the first fret out to the twelfth and maintaining a precisely controlled width-to-thickness ratio, the Slim Taper neck promoted playing speed while reducing player fatigue. Many guitarists consider Gibson's Slim profile neck the most playable Les Paul neck ever made. Whether you're chording down low or riffing up high, the Les Paul '60s Tribute's neck - with its rosewood fingerboard and classic trapezoid inlays - always feels just right!
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute Features:
- Mahogany body with Gibson's "Traditional" weight relief
- Maple top juices your sustain and gives your notes snap
- Mahogany neck with '60s Slim Profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with classic Trapezoid inlays
- Chrome Tune-o-Matic bridge; Grover Kidney tuners
- BurstBucker 1 and 2 pickups with chrome covers
- "2013 Model" on back of headstock, "'60s Tribute" truss rod cover.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute Specifications:
- Body Type: Les Paul
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Material: Mahogany, weight-relieved
- Top Material: Maple
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: '60s SlimTaper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Figured Acrylic Trapezoids
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 1.695"
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Chrome Tune-o-Matic bridge/stoptail
- Tuners: Grover Kidney
- Number of Pickups: 2
- Neck Pickup: BurstBucker 1
- Middle Pickup: No Middle Pickup
- Bridge Pickup: BurstBucker 2
- Controls: 2 x Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way Pickup Selector.
- Ebony Vintage Gloss (LPTR6E5CH1)
- Vintage Sunburst (LPTR6V5CH1)
- Wine Red Vintage Gloss (LPTR6W5CH1).