Gibson SG Standard Bass (Cherry)
During the height of Gibson’s original “Golden Era,” the company’s only bass guitar at the time — the EB0 — underwent the same radical transformation as the Les Pauls, which were being redesigned as the now classic SG. It was a bold move and it paid off, bringing Gibson basses to the forefront. Today’s SG Standard Bass recreates the classic, dual-pickup version, staying true to the design and specs of the original, including the popular 30.5-inch scale length.
Gibson SG Standard Bass Specification:
- Body Style: SG
- Body Species: Mahogany
- Plating: Finish Chrome
- Tailpiece: Three Point Adjustable Bass Bridge
- Tuners: Shamrock Bass
- Neck Pickup: SG Bass
- Bridge Pickup: SG Bass
- Controls: 2 Volume, 1 Tone, 3-Way Toggle
- Control Knobs: Black Tophats with Silver Inserts
- Species: Mahogany
- Nut: Corian
- Nut Width: 1.600" +/- .050"
- Headstock Inlay: Mother of Pearl Gibson Logo + Holly
- Truss Rod: Gibson Adjustable Truss Rod
- Truss Rod Cover: Bell-shaped cover, stamped "SG"
- Fingerboard Species: Rosewood
- Inlays: Figured Acrylic Trapezoid
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 24 - 3/4"
- Type: Gibson Hardshell
- Interior: White
- Case Exterior: Black
- Silkscreen: Gibson USA Logo