Orange TV50H Thunderverb Twin Channel Head
Whether you need a clean channel and a dirty channel, two clean channels or two dirty channels, the Thunderverb is the amp for every occasion. Everything from lush reverb-laden cleans, Classic Rock punch to full-on Metal gain are all available on both channels, each with three stages of gain and master volume controls for each.
Sharing the same front panel layout as the 200W version, the Thunderverb 50 has a slightly sweeter character owing to its lower output and pair of EL34 valves, for those who prefer the sound and feel of a 50 Watt head.
Channel A is equipped with a three band EQ while Channel B features our popular and hugely capable Shape control. Turning fully clockwise produces an aggressive ‘smiley face’ EQ with scooped mids and boosted lows and highs. At the other extreme, you’ll find smooth, rounded treble with striking, prominent mids. Tonally, this means ultra modern Metal to vintage Rock and everywhere inbetween, all with just one dial.
The footswitchable attenuator is located after the master volume controls but before the output transformer, ensuring the amp always retains a springy response, even at whisper quiet volumes. Crank the master volume controls and use the attenuator to achieve output stage saturation at lower output volume levels, or defeat the control via a footswitch for a ‘clean boost’ for leads. Complete with valve driven spring reverb and a valve buffered effects loop, the Thunderverb Series is for those who demand the utmost flexibility with a player-friendly layout.Features:
- 2- Channel valve amplifier designed for both electric guitar and bass guitar.
- 2-Stage Clean and 4-Stage Lead with interactive Hi/Lo or 3-band EQ.
- F8 output transformer for extended bass frequency response.
- Power: 50-Watts RMS into 4/8 ohms, 25-Watts RMS into 8/16 ohms.
- Preamp Valves: ECC83 / 12AX7.
- Power Valves: 6550.
- Channel Configuration: Channel A and Channel B.
- Channel A Controls: Gain / Bass / Middle / Treble / Volume.
- Channel B Controls: Gain / Shape / Volume.
- Shared Controls: Attenuator / Reverb
- Footswitch Function: Channels / Attenuator / Reverb.
- Valve driven FX Loop.
- Valve driven and valve returned Accutronics Spring Reverb for both channels, footswitchable.
- Reverb Valves: ECC81 / 12AT7.
- Loudspeaker Outputs: 1x 16 Ohm, 2x 8 Ohm.
- Dimensions: 550 x 240 x 280 mm.
- Weight: 20 kg.