Radial Komit 500 Series Compressor Limiter
The Radial Komit is a feature-rich compressor-limiter that simplifies the process of dynamic manipulation while expanding upon creative tone shaping. At one end is a super-clean compressor that delivers amazing results with single knob control. At the other, an old-school diode bridge clipping limiter goes from 'vintage to nasty'. But don't let the minimalist approach deter; the Komit provides exceptional flexibility by integrating a series of automatic functions that are both musical and intuitive. Close your eyes and listen… the Komit does the hard work for you.
The design begins with an auto-detecting feed-forward VCA that reads the incoming program material and reacts 'real-time' to the time constant. Set the 3 position attack-decay switch to slow for vocals, medium for instruments and fast for percussion. As you increase the ratio, the Komit FlexKnee™ compression dynamically adjusts the pivot point, seamlessly transitioning from soft to hard knee for more natural results. Yet unlike most limiters that are designed to be transparent, the Komit Clipper™ is designed to introduce personality to your recordings. The Clipper simulates the sound created by old-school diode bridge circuits from the early days of radio. These clip the input signal when they exceed the headroom. Same deal… only here, you are in complete control. Ten settings are graduated from mild harmonic overload to extreme nasty. Think of Nine Inch Nails.
To ensure absolute signal integrity, full size discrete electronics are employed throughout while the vintage style Hammond broadcast transformers add extra warmth to the signal path. A variable level control provides gain make-up or can be used to drive the Clipper for added distortion. Dual ballistic VU metering makes it easy to simultaneously view compression and output when making adjustments. Designed for use with all 500 series racks, the Komit can be linked for full stereo operation. When used with the Radial Workhorse, the Omniport is assigned as a key input for frequency dependent compression, de-essing, ducking or any number of dynamic manipulation effects.
Radial Komit Features:
- Single dial auto-tracking compressor-limiter
- Old school diode bridge clipping limiter
- Brick wall setting for set & forget recording
- 100% discrete with Hammond broadcast transformers.
Radial Komit Specifications:
- Circuit type: Feed Forward with True RMS Sidechain.
- Power Requirement: 72mA, ± 16VDC
- Compression Ratio - Normal: 1:1 to 10:1
- Compression Ratio - Brickwall: 1:1 to 25:1
- Limiter range: +4dBu to +21dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz~20kHz, -2dB @ 20Hz
- Maximunm Output: +22dBu
- Maximum Gain Make-Up: +20dB
- THD+N: 0.025% @ 1 kHz.
- Intermodulation Distortion:
- Input impedance: 9.6k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 140 Ohms
- Threshold: -10dbu or +4dbu
- Maximum Gain: Key input to detector.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.