Radial PowerStrip 3-Slot Power Rack
The PowerStrip is a three module rackmount power supply designed to bring the fun and excitement of 500 series modular audio to everyone!
Unlike other single space power racks that are limited to two modules, the innovative triple-module design allows you to put together a traditional channel strip, combining a mic preamp with an equalizer and dynamic control using a compressor-limiter all within the confines of a single RU 19" rack. With so many choices of modules available today, this opens the door to creating unique signal paths to allow your music to stand out.
Following the criteria established by the Radial Workhorse, the PowerStrip is 100% backwards compatible with older API modules while being optimized for Radial's expanding range of preamps, processors and routing devices. Construction begins with 14 gauge steel and features dual gold contact EDAC 15-pin connectors for optimal signal transfer. To maximize headroom, the external supply delivers 500mA of current for voltage hungry modules plus a separate 48V phantom tap delivers 10mA of current for microphone preamps. Rear panel connectivity includes standard XLRs for each slot along with ¼" TRS connectors for multing modules, cross patching and parallel processing. Instead of the traditional 'hardwire patch' system employed by others, The PowerStrip employs an innovative feed function that patches modules together in series without the need of cables. And stereo modules no longer need to be soldered to be paired, they can now be sync'd together using a simple switch. The PowerStrip is also equipped with Omniport on each sot. This TRS jack enables the module manufacturer to implement a unique function for a given module such as a key input on a gate.
Radial PowerStrip Features:
- Omniport: Yes
- Feed switch: Yes
- Stereo link: Yes
- 48V phantom power: Yes on all channels.
Radial PowerStrip Specifications:
- Circuit type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
- Format: 19" rack mount, 1 rack space
- Number of slots: 3
- Input connectors: 3 balanced XLR male, 3 ¼" TRS
- Output connectors: 3 balanced XLR female, 3 ¼" TRS
- Compatibility: Adheres to the Whos-Doc and VPR Alliance
- Available current: 500 milliamps
- Average current: 166 mA per slot
- Card slot impedance: Module dependent
- Ground connections: Chassis
- XLR pin wiring: AES standard: pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), pin-3 (-)
- Power supply: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- PSU Connection: Locking 5 pin XLR female on cable.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.