Radial Workhorse SixPack Power Rack
The SixPack is a desk-top power rack for 500 series modules that lets you mix and match up to six modules and safely power them to create a stereo channel strip or unique signal chain.
The design begins with a heavy 14 gauge steel construction and baked enamel finish. This provides extra durability when moving the SixPack around the studio while also providing better shielding against stray magnetic fields. To reduce induced noise, the power supply is external and connects using a 5-pin locking XLR. To ensure positive contact, the module card-edge connector is mated to a double sided EDAC 15-pin receptacle that is 100% compatible with the old API pin format. Extra safety is built-in to ensure malfunctioning modules will not harm the SixPack or other modules that may already be connected. And with 1600 milliamps of shared current, the SixPack exceeds all others with an average of over 265 milliamps per slot to ensure even the most power hungry tube modules will be satisfied.
Rear panel connectivity includes individual XLR input and output connectors wired in parallel to ¼" TRS connectors. These may be used as mults or for cross-patching various modules together to create innovative sounding signal paths. A set of 25-pin D-Sub connectors enable the SixPack to easily integrate with a Workstation. Two XLR connectors are front mounted and may be routed to the D-Sub or to inputs 1 and 4 to make patching in a microphone more expedient. Extra features include a feed switch that patches one module into the next, a link switch to combine stereo-ready modules and Omniport, a ¼" TRS jack that adds extra functionality.
The convenient design lets you set the SixPack down on your work surface or carry it around the studio using the side-mounted handle. Optional flanges let you mount it in a 19" rack if you plan to take your SixPack on the road!
Radial Workhorse SixPack Features:
- Omniport: Yes
- Feed switch: Yes
- Stereo link: Yes
- 48V phantom power: Yes on all channels.
Radial Workhorse SixPack Specifications:
- Circuit type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
- Format: Desktop
- Number of slots: 6
- Input connectors: 8 balanced XLR male, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Output connectors: 8 balanced XLR female, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Compatibility: Adheres to the Whos-Doc and VPR Alliance
- Available current: 1600 milliamps
- Average current: 266 mA per slot
- Card slot impedance: Module dependent
- Ground connections: Chassis
- XLR pin wiring: AES standard: pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), pin-3 (-)
- D-Sub pin wiring: Follows Tascam D-Sub standard
- Power supply: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- PSU Connection: Locking 5 pin XLR female on cable.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.