Roland R-88 8 Channel Portable Recorder
The Roland R-88 establishes a new standard in professional portable recording by providing seamless integration of a recorder, mixer and a multi-channel audio interface. With eight discrete channels of audio recording plus a stereo mix, the R-88 is ideal for demanding multi-channel applications such as location sound design, event production, event videography, and live musical performance.
Roland R-88 Features:
- Simultaneous recording of 8 channels + stereo mix (up to 96kHz)
- Up to 24bit/192kHz uncompressed linear PCM recording (up to 4 channels)
- 3 hours of recording time using 32GB SDHC card (24bit/96kHz, 10ch)
- 8 XLR inputs, 8 XLR outputs, AES/EBU input/output
- Built-in 8 channel mixer with 3-band EQ and MS microphone decoder
- Built-in 10in/8out USB audio interface to use with any common DAW
- Touch Panel Display for intuitive navigation
- SMPTE time code in/out for video sync
- BWF and iXML embedded metadata
- Supported power types – AA batteries, rechargeable Ni-MH battery, AC power, and 4-pin XLR external battery types.
Roland R-88 Features in V1.10 Update:
- Polyphonic WAV Function - ability to save 2,4,6 or 8 channels in a single file
- Control the R-88 using MIDI via the Roland UM-ONE mk2 USB MIDI interface - mix with a MIDI-controllable fader unit
- Selectable input delay per channel - adjustable by 0.05 - 20 ms - ideal for surround mixing
- Cut-off frequency per channel - adjustable range 60-250Hz
- Sensitivity gain and headphone boost functions
- Expanded footswitch parameters.
Roland R-88 Specifications:
- Simultaneous Rec Tracks: 10 (8 channels + stereo mix)
- Simultaneous Play Tracks: 8
- A/D Resolution 24-bit/44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, or 192kHz
- Built-in Mic(s) 1 x slate mic
- Audio Interface Yes (10-in/8-out)
- Analog Inputs 8 x XLR
- Analog Outputs 8 x XLR, 1 x stereo 1/8"
- Digital Inputs 1 x AES/EBU (2 channels)
- Digital Outputs 1 x AES/EBU (2 channels)
- Headphone Outputs 1 x 1/4"
- Built-in Speaker: Yes
- Memory (removable) 2GB SDHC included (supports up to 32GB)
- Built-in Effects: 3-band EQ per channel, Mid-Side decoding (no effects)
- USB: Yes (USB 2.0 via USB mini port)
- FireWire: No FireWire
- Power Supply: AC, 4-pin XLR-type external battery, Ni-MH battery, or 8 x AA batteries
- Stand Mountable: Not stand mountable
- Height 3.68"
- Width 10.25"
- Depth 9.31"