MOTIF XF sound quality
The MOXF boasts a rich collection of instrument voices that includes pianos, electric pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds.
MOTIF XF sound engine
Of special note are the detailed digital re-creations of two Yamaha grand pianos (a 9-ft CFIIIS and a 7-ft S6) that only an acoustic piano manufacturer could achieve.The finely-detailed reproduction of even very subtle nuances has resulted in exquisitely crafted piano voices that will satisfy even the most demanding players. Now containing a huge total of 741 MB of waveforms, and featuring all-new content, the MOXF offers 136 new voices including the superb S6 grand piano, keyboard sounds such as clavinets and organs, and a range of new sounds from genres as diverse as orchestral and hip-hop
Yamaha’s proprietary VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) technology simulates the effects of vintage EQs, compressors, and phasers at the circuit level. This technology has enabled Yamaha to improve the quality of the instruments in the MOXF by modeling the sonic texture of vintage analog compressors, EQs and stomp boxes right down to their component transistors and resistors. The MOXF also puts the high-quality effects found in Yamaha's industry-standard digital recording consoles at your fingertips, as well as the award-winning REV-X reverb found in the SPX2000. It even comes equipped with vocoder effects, allowing you to connect a microphone to the MOXF’s A/D input terminal and apply effects to your voice or create stunning harmonies.
Flash memory expandability
The MOXF is compatible with the sound content developed for the MOTIF XF and MOX. The optional Flash board lets you add up to 1 GB of new samples to your MOXF to customize and tailor your sound set to your needs, using promotional contents like Yamaha’ s “Inspiration In A Flash” and “CP1 Piano,” as well as the many third party libraries for sale.
Performance mode to enhance your creativity
Performance mode allows you to combine multiple voices together (up to 4 parts) and play them on one MIDI channel, so that you can play dynamic layer sounds or even solos along with drums and bass backing tracks. With the interactive Arp engine, playing simple chords or even single notes gives you complete musical performances to inspire your creativity. The MOXF has 256 preset performances in a wide variety of music styles including rock, world, hip hop, jazz, and more.
Built-in sequencer to give shape to your inspiration
MOXF features a built-in sequencer that lets you produce high-quality music without the need for a computer or any other external devices. This powerful tool offers both real-time recording, which records your performance data as you play it, and step recording, which is suitable for recording precise phrases or other difficult passages. You can even record particularly creative performances directly to a song or pattern simply by pressing the [REC] button.
- Keyboard - 61 keys, semi-weighted keyboard (Initial Touch)
- Tone Generator - AWM2, with Expanded Articulation
- Maximum Polyphony - 128 notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity - 16 parts (Internal), A/D input part
- Wave - 741MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 3,977 waveforms
- Voices - Preset - 1,152 Normal Voices + 72 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 384 Normal Voices + 32 Drum Kits
- Performance - User: 256 (up to 4 parts)
- Filter - 18 types
- Effects - Reverb x 9 types, Chorus x 22 types, Insertion (A, B) x 54 types x 8 parts, Vocoder x 1 (uses both Insertion Effect A and B blocks), Master Effect x 9 types, Master EQ (5 bands), Part EQ (3 bands, stereo)
- Note Capacity - Approx. 226,000 notes
- Note Resolution - 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Maximum Polyphony - 124 notes
- Tempo (BPM) - 5 – 300
- Song recording type - Real time replace, Real time overdub, Real time punch in/out (Song only), Step(with the exception of the Pattern Chain)
- Song tracks - Song: 16 sequence Tracks (Loop on/off can be set for each Track), Tempo Track, Scene Track, Pattern: 16 Phrase Tracks, Pattern Chain: Pattern Track, Tempo Track, Scene Track
- Songs - 64 Songs, Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Song/Pattern (up to 256 Voices) , Mixing Templates: 32 for all Songs and Patterns
- Patterns - 64 Patterns (x 16 sections), Measures: 256 maximum
- Phrases - User Phrases: 256 per Pattern
- Arpeggio - Preset: 7,981 types, User: 256 types (MIDI Sync, MIDI transmit/receive channel, Velocity Limit, and Note Limit can be set. 4 Arpeggio parts can be played simultaneously.)
- Scene Memory - 6 per Song
- Sequence formats - Original format, SMF format 0, 1 (Format 1 load only)
- Master - User:128 (Each master includes Master keyboard settings with 4 Zones, Assignable Knob settings, Program Change table.)
- Controllers - Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Assignable Knob x 8, [DATA] dial x 1, Assignable Function buttons x 2
- Display - 240 x 64 dot, backlit LCD
- Connectors - Output [L/MONO]/[R] (standard phone jack), A/D Input [L]/[R] (standard phone jack), [PHONES] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], Foot Switch [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN]/[OUT]/[THRU], USB [TO HOST]/[TO DEVICE], DC IN
- Dimensions (WxHxD) - 40.5 x 5 x 14 inches
- Weight - 7.1 Kg (15.6 lbs)
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function - For Windows: Cubase 7 series, SONAR X2, For Mac: Cubase 7 series, Logic Pro 9, Digital Performer 7 (Functions to be controlled differ depending on the software.)
- Acessories - AC adaptor (PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), USB cable, Owner’s Manual, Online Manual CD-ROM x 1 (containing Reference Manual, Synthesizer Parameter Manual, and Data List), CUBASE AI DOWNLOAD INFORMATION