Three Octave Modes [Lessons]
Hello everybody! Here is a great lesson to use to play scales diagonally as opposed to playing vertically all the time. Be sure you review my past lesson on 3 Notes per String as this will help you very much through this. Hope you enjoy! Before viewing this lesson, be sure to review this one on scales: Our featured video: For a free download of this PDF, go here. Quick Tips:
- This is intended for a 24 fret guitar but you can use a 22 fret guitar. You just will not be able to play the highest note in E Phrygian.
- Play slowly and review "3 Notes per Sting" lesson!
- Try to keep your left hand as parallel to the fretboard as possible.
- Shifts should not sound like a slide but have a very smooth transition.
- Memorize for better fretboard knowledge.
- Apply to every key!