Note : Bajaao will process all shipments in the order they were received. To ensure timely delivery once courier services resume, please place your order early to
avoid inordinate shipment delays. Bajaao expects orders to be backlogged.
Apogee Electronics A8X8 - 16 Channel Analog and AES/Optical Input/Output Module for Symphony I/O
The A8X8 from Apogee is a 16-channel module for the Symphony I/O that allows for any combination of 8 x 8 analog input and output, and 8 x 8 AES/EBU or optical digital input and output. The module occupies one of the two slots available on the chassis and represents 25 years of Apogee research and design excellence.
Refined and updated circuitry with fewer, more advanced components allows for a shorter audio path, resulting in more clarity and transparency and a more efficient power distribution. The module features enhanced C777 clocking performance and lower converter latency.
The analog and AES I/O require optional breakout cables, available in various configurations to suit individual requirements.
- 8 x 8 channels of analog input/output with 8 x 8 channels of AES/EBU or optical digital input/output, available simultaneously up to a total of 16 channelsŒæ
- Optical digital supports ADAT, SMUX, and S/PDIFŒæ
- S/PDIF input and output up to 192 kHz on RCA coaxial that replaces two input channels and mirrors two output channelsŒæ
- Ultra low latency AD and DA conversionŒæ
- Rear panel Dig I/O hardware switch selects AES or optical digital I/O format
Apogee Electronics A8X8 Specifications:
- ADC: 24-bit
- DAC: 24-bit
- Sample Rates: Up to 192kHz
- Analog In: 1 x 25-pin D-Sub (requires optional breakout cable)
- Input Impedance: 10k‘©
- Maximum Input Level: 24 dBu
- Analog Outputs: 1 x 25-pin D-Sub (requires optional breakout cable)
- Output Impedance: 25‘©
- Maximum Output Level: äš_ to +24dBu
- Digital Input Connectors: 1 x 25-pin D-Sub (requires optional breakout cable) shared with output; 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF; 2 x TOSLink optical ADAT or S/PDIF
- Digital Output Connectors: 1 x 25-pin D-Sub (requires optional breakout cable) shared with output; 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF; 2 x TOSLink optical ADAT or S/PDIF
- Dynamic Range: A/D: 120 dB A-weighted; D/A: 129 dB A-weighted
- THD + N -113dB @ 20 dBu (0.00024%); D/A: -117dB @ 20 dBu (0.00014%)
- Frequency Response: A/D: 1 Hz to 20 kHz (+/-0.05 dB) @ 44.1 kHz; D/A: DC to 20 kHz (+/-0.05 dB) @ 44.1 kHz
- Word Clock: On chassis
- Power Requirements: From chassis
- Dimensions (WxDxH): Fits slot on chassis