Audio Technica ATH-WS1100IS Overview:
With newly designed drivers and in-line mic and control, the ATH-WS1100iS Solid Bass over-ear headphones give you portable, smartphone-compatible headphones with Hi-Res Audio reproduction and truly deep bass. The 53 mm Deep Motion Drivers, designed exclusively for the ATH-WS1100iS, feature an ultra-powerful magnetic circuit that works to deliver highly accurate audio with a wide frequency response, while the large diaphragm surface area of the drivers causes considerable air movement, helping to produce a rich, textured bass sound.
The rigid housings of the ATH-WS1100iS, which incorporate Audio-Technica’s new Extra Bass Venting System, also contribute to the headphones’ audio clarity. Each housing features an aluminum stabilizer ring that helps produce clear mid-to-high frequencies. Vents, including extra side vents not found in other models that utilize the Bass Venting System, are positioned for optimal control of air movement inside the housings, aiding in the reproduction of high-fidelity bass sound. Exclusive dual-layer earpads, comprised of a firm internal layer and a soft outer layer, provide excellent sound isolation with amazing comfort.
The detachable 1.2 m (3. 9') cable includes an in-line mic and control that lets you answer calls and handle media playback on your smartphone or other portable device. A convenient carrying pouch is also included.
- Large 53 mm Deep Motion Hi-Res Audio Drivers with ultra-powerful magnetic circuit deliver incredibly accurate audio with deep bass
- Bass Venting System with extra side vents optimize air damping for excellent bass reproduction
- Rigid housings feature aluminum centerpiece and aluminum stabilizer ring that reduce unwanted vibration for excellent audio clarity
- Exclusive dual-layer earpads (firm internal layer and soft outer layer) provide increased isolation
- Detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable with mic and control for answering calls and controlling media playback on smartphones and other portable devices
- Includes carrying pouch
- Type: Dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 53 mm
- Frequency Response: 5 – 40,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 1,000 mW
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Weight: 281 g (9.9 oz)
- Cable: 1.2 m (3. 9') with mic & control
- Connector: 3.5 mm (1/8") stereo mini-plug, L-type
- Accessories Included: Pouch
- Type (Microphone): Condenser
- Sensitivity (Microphone): -44dB (0dB = 1V/Pa, 1kHz)
- Frequency Response (Microphone): 100 - 10,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern (Microphone): Omnidirectional