Avid Pro Tools 11 - Professional Audio Software (Teacher Edition - Activation Card and iLok)
Pro Tools 11 from Avid is the next incarnation of the industry standard software that is now based on a 64-bit architecture. While there are several important enhancements, this one feature finally allows the software to access as much RAM as is present on a computer system, over the previous 4 GB limit. What this means in particular is that virtual instruments that contain large sample file bases can now be fully loaded, while the number of instruments that can be simultaneously available in a session is also increased.
Another major feature that many have clamored for is the offline bounce function. Now preparing intermediary or final mixes is much faster using a simple command. Sound quality is maintained throughout due to the time-stamped automation and multiple files in different file formats can be created simultaneously. Record input monitoring has been enhanced with ultra-low latency even when routing through plug-ins. And for those working with audio for picture will appreciate the ability to play Avid DNxHD file and other HD formats directly within the timeline without transcoding.
A wide variety of plug-ins are included with the software, as are six virtual instruments. The software not only works with the company's interfaces, but since version 9, with any Core Audio or ASIO compliant interface. That means that working on an approved Apple portable computer or Windows-based device (requires an ASIO soundcard) allows for convenient portable recording or editing. Along with the recommendation that any system have as much RAM as possible, the software now requires the use of an iLok 2 authorization key if one is not provided, as the original iLok is no longer supported.
Avid Pro Tools 11 Features:
- Multiple times the processing power of previous versions with a new, fully optimized Avid Audio Engine
- 64-bit performance for access to larger RAM configurations, which in particular benefits virtual instrument usage
- Speed up mix delivery with faster-than-realtime off-line bouncing with time-stamped automation
- Create mixes with up to 96 audio tracks (sample rate dependent)
- Compose with virtual instruments and MIDI and Score Editors
- Monitor record inputs on native systems with ultra-low latency
- Loop recording/track comping workflows
- Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch processing
- Over 75 AAX virtual instruments and effects plug-ins
- Dynamic host processing maximizes plug-in count by reallocating processing resources as needed
- Automatic delay compensation
- Multi-track Beat Detective
- AAF/OMF/MXF file interchange
- QuickPunch mode
- Timecode ruler
- Play HD video directly in the Pro Tools timeline using the Avid Video Engine
- Speed up mixing with industry-trusted automation tools
- Automate tracks while recording
- Manufacturer Part No: 9900-65461-00.
Included Virtual Instruments:
- Boom - drum machine and sequencer
- DB-33 - tonewheel organ with rotating speaker
- Mini Grand - acoustic grand piano
- Structure Free - sample player
- Vacuum - monophonic tube synthesizer
- Xpand 2 - synthesizer and sample workstation.
Note: Educational status must be verified after purchasing the item. Upon submitting proof of eligibility and subsequent approval, a serial number is generated to activate the software.