Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live-entertainment production workflow. The ultra-affordable S32 digital stage box bridges the gap between the onstage talent, Front of House (FOH) console and the rest of the world with its ultra-fast and rock-solid performance!
The S32 provides 32 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps, plus 16 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end – and all it takes is a single Cat 5e cable (up to 328 ft / 100 m). While KLARK TEKNIK, the industry-leader in high-end digital audio processing, invented the AES50 SuperMAC technology that made it all possible – our superb scale of production makes the S32 so very affordable.
MIDAS - The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations world-wide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.
MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
BEHRINGER is proud to incorporate a MIDAS designed mic preamp for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS’ amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
“When used as part of a complete X32 system, two S32 Stage Boxes can be connected via the mixer’s built-in dual AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 64 remote mic/line inputs, 32 balanced outputs and the awesome POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System – which can feed up to 16 individual monitor mixes via CAT5 to every musician on stage. When 32 inputs are not enough, an S32 Stage Box may also be cascaded with an S16 or SD16 for full use of the 48-channel bidirectional capacity of AES50 SuperMAC networking on just one CAT5 line. We also included 2 optical ADAT outputs and two AES-3 (AES/EBU) stereo outputs for digitally connecting to outboard devices, such as PA system controllers. The S32 also features a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC – plus MIDI I/O for your lighting systems and sound module control.”
Ecosystem and Beyond
The S32 was initially designed with our flagship X32 Digital Mixing Console in mind, but any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can still tap directly into the S32’s powerful feature set. For instance, an S32 and X32 CORE can be used to create an amazing power-combo for remote-controlled digital mixing in only 4U. While the X32 CORE may be used to run an independent monitor mix, it can also relay and share all I/O with the FOH – whether you are using an X32 Series console, or any other digital mixer that supports MADI, Dante, ADAT or AES50 I/O. We off er very reasonably priced option cards to replace the standard 32 x 32 channel USB interface for exactly that purpose. You can even choose to run the complete show from the stage rack’s X32 CORE via our remote control apps. And since the S32 and X32 CORE communicate via AES50, they don’t even have to live in the same physical rack, but can be separated by up to 100 m (328') of CAT5 cabling, if that is more convenient for your venue.
ULTRANET – Seamless Integration
The world-renowned engineers at KLARK TEKNIK, MIDAS, TURBOSOUND and BEHRINGER have all come together to create something truly innovative that will change your live and studio workflow forever – welcome to ULTRANET. This revolutionary technology seamlessly transmits up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data via a single Cat 5e cable between compatible digital devices – including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems. Advantages realized through ULTRANET digital networking, versus traditional analog methods, include: all audio signals are impervious to Radio Frequency Interference (RFI); signal crosstalk is eliminated, and ease of use translates directly into a significant amount of time saved during show setup or installation. ULTRANET effectuates a powerful digital eco-system that gives you unparalleled ease of deployment, performance and control for BEHRINGER P16 Personal Monitoring Systems and Turbosound iQ Speaker Series.
Dual AES50 Ports for Massive Connectivity
KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) technology gives the S32 its high-capacity, ultra-low latency digital interconnectivity, as well as superbly simple deployment and ease of use. KLARK TEKNIK engineers worked hand-in-hand with BEHRINGER to ensure the S32 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live entertainers and their professional audio engineers. Some of the outstanding features are:
- 48 bidirectional audio channels over Cat 5e cable (48 kHz)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution.
- Comprehensive error detection and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration – total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
- Royalty-free implementations available as Xilinx FPGA cores
- OEM modules available from developer partners
As you can see, the S32 is an extremely versatile 32 x 16 digital stage box solution with remote-controllable MIDAS-designed mic preamps, KLARK TEKNIK’s AES50 connectivity and a wealth of other professional-grade features – all at a price anyone can afford! Built tough enough to withstand the rigors of the road, the S32 only takes up only three rack spaces and connects to FOH with a single, inexpensive Cat 5e cable, such as the KLARK TEKNIK NCAT5E-50M. Now you can have the missing link between the stage and FOH at a fraction of the cost of competing systems – and we back it up with a comprehensive warranty program.
- 32 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 16 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- ULTRANET Connectivity for BEHRINGER's P16 personal monitoring system for in-ear applications
- Digital audio and control connectivity for TURBOSOUND speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Automatic AES50 stage-split mode when connected between BEHRINGER X32 Series FOH and monitor consoles
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading additional S16, SD16 or SD8 stageboxes—no merger or router required
- 2 AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Dual ADAT outputs providing 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK* connectors
- Mute All function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between BEHRINGER X32 Series console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100- 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- "Built like a tank" yet compact, all-steel 3U rack-mount chassis
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany