Natural Touch Mini Keyboard:
Slim, lightweight, USB-powered, and compatible with all computer-based music software, the microKEY is a great way to create your production setup. The microKEY features the velocity-sensitive Natural Touch mini-keyboard that was acclaimed on instruments such as the microKORG XL and the microARRANGER. The proportions of the black and white keys has been adjusted for optimal playability, easy chording, and rapid phrase work; careful attention has been paid to the touch and playing feel. The "waterfall-type" keyboard makes it easy to play glissandos. This keyboard will accurately convey the dynamics of your performance to your software.
Octave Shift buttons are provided on all models. Using the UP/DOWN buttons allows you to shift the octave the appropriate number of steps for each model so that, when used in conjunction with the Key Transpose function, the full range of notes in the MIDI specification can be covered. The 25-key model features an arpeggiator button, a sustain/tap button, and a joystick to which you can assign pitch bend, modulation, or any other control change, giving you plenty of control and rich expressive potential in spite of its compact size.
No Driver Installation Needed:
The standard USB MIDI driver provided by Windows/Mac OS X is supported, so there's no need to install a driver. Simply use a USB cable to connect the microKEY to your computer, and it's ready for use.
You can connect the microKEY to your iPad and use it to control apps such as the Korg iMS-20 via MIDI (apps must support Core MIDI). If you're using the 25-key model, Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit and a USB cable is all you need (Korg recommend using a powered hub if you plan to use the microKEY for an extended time).
KORG KONTROL Editor:
Using the KORG KONTROL Editor software (provided), you'll be able to customise the microKEY for your setup. You can choose from eight velocity curves plus fixed velocity (a total of nine types), and also specify the control change number of the modulation wheel or joystick, as well as specify their maximum and minimum values.
Play Today Software Bundle:
The microKEY ships with the following software licenses and discount coupons so you can start making music right away:
- M1 Le (License): Included is a license for a limited edition of the M1 software synthesiser (included in the Korg Legacy Collection-Digital Edition) that brings to your computer the sounds of the ground-breaking M1 Music Workstation. (This software can be downloaded for use.)
- EzDrummer Lite (License): Included is a license for Toontrack's software drum sound module "EzDrummer Lite", giving you numerous high-quality drum sounds. (This software can be downloaded for use.) You'll be able to immediately start enjoying realistic drum sounds played from your microKEY.
- Ableton "Live" series (discount coupon included): Included is a discount coupon for Ableton's "Live," "Live Suite," and "Live LE" DAW software, widely popular for its sophisticated functionality.
- Lounge Lizard Session (License): Included is a license for "Lounge Lizard Session," the physical modelling sound module from Applied Acoustics Systems, famed for its richly expressive electric piano sounds.
- Ultra Analog Session (License): Included is a license for "Ultra Analog Session," the analogue modelling synthesiser from Applied Acoustics Systems, acclaimed for its fat, powerful sounds.
- Strum Acoustic Session (License): Included is a license for Applied Acoustics Systems' "Strum Acoustic Session," the physical modelling software synthesiser that lets you "play" acoustic guitar parts with the expressive power of an acoustic instrument.