Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio
With the Omega Desktop Recording Studio, Lexicon has taken a whole-system approach to desktop recording. Omega Studio is an integrated computer recording system that includes the Omega 8x4x2 USB I/O mixer, Cubase LE, and Pantheon world-class Lexicon reverb plug-in. Omega Studio contains all of the components necessary to transform your computer into a professional 24-bit recording studio.
Whether you're a guitarist, keyboard player, vocalist, instrumentalist, or an audio engineer, Omega Studio provides all the I/O mixing, recording, and effects you need to make your next project sound like it came from a professional studio.
Omega Studio Hardware
Differentiating itself from standard computer I/O boxes that are typically based on a patchbay paradigm, the Omega 8x4x2 USB I/O mixer is based on a mixer paradigm and includes input, output, and mixing functions that support a variety of tracking/monitoring applications while requiring no additional mixing hardware.
The Omega I/O mixer provides 8 inputs that are assignable in pairs to any of 4 simultaneous record channels featuring ultratransparent, high-resolution analog-to-digital converters to capture your performance with pristine 24-bit quality. 2 of the inputs feature extremely low-noise dbx mic-preamps with 48V phantom power and TRS insert points. 4 TRS active balanced line inputs accept up to +22dBu signals to allow interfacing to either unbalanced or professional high-output level-balanced equipment. Included is an S/PDIF input combined with an additional DAC for zero-latency, direct monitoring of the S/PDIF source to allow simultaneous tracking of analog and digital sources.
A high-impedance instrument input is conveniently accessible on the front panel. The Omega I/O mixer provides a peak indicator for each analog input as well as an assignable bar graph meter for signal level monitoring. By monitoring the signal at the A/D converters, you avoid the problems with software-only level monitoring that can miss clipping and ruin your track. The Omega I/O mixer also includes a fully opto-isolated MIDI input to ensure that there is no annoying ground loop hum or MIDI talk-through noise common with many I/O boxes and soundcards.
MIDI output has rock-solid synchronization to USB frame rate to support applications requiring critical sync.
Your Omega system includes Steinberg's Cubase LE. From the first idea to complete compositions, Cubase is the virtual studio for all musicians and producers looking for a creative way to realize their projects. It integrates seamlessly with the Omega I/O Mixer to achieve an easy-to-use, 48-track complete recording solution that includes all of the modules that you need to track, edit, and mix your masterpiece.
Cubase LE supports up to 48 audio and 64 MIDI tracks with professional audio editing and processing features including: full automation of volume, pan, mute, and effects; MIDI score editor with advanced quantization and logical presets; up to 8 VST instruments; 2 insert and 4 effect sends per channel; and VST system link and ReWire 2 compatibility.
Lexicon Pantheon Reverb Plug-In
Designed entirely by Lexicon engineers, the Pantheon reverb plug-in offers 35 factory presets featuring 6 reverb types (hall, chamber, plate, room, ambience, and custom) controlled by an intuitive user interface with 16 editable parameters. The Lexicon name is synonymous with the world's best reverb. Pantheon continues this legacy by bringing that Lexicon sound to your projects.
Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio Features:
- Omega Desktop:
- 2 XLR microphone inputs
- dbx Silver Series mic preamps
- +48V phantom power
- 2 TRS insert inputs
- 4 TRS balanced/unbalanced line inputs
- 1/4" mono instrument input
- 2 TRS line outputs
- MIDI Interface 5 pin DIN connectors for MIDI in and MIDI out
- Coaxial RCA S/PDIF I/O
- 24-bit D/A and A/D conversion
- Integrated multitrack recording, editing, and mixing of audio and MIDI
- 32 stereo audio tracks
- 32 plug-ins at one time
- Unlimited MIDI tracks
- Professional 24-bit recording, mixing, processing
- Full-featured editing capabilities
- DXi soft synth support
- Support for custom screen layouts and keyboard shortcuts
- Polish your products with the included suite of DirectX plug-ins
- Apply morphing effects to your mix with the included FXPad joystick-controlled multi-effects module
- Add analog synth color to your production with the included AAS Tassman SE analog synth module
- Produce and burn professional quality CDs from your projects using included project-management utilities
- Encode audio for internet delivery
- Import general MIDI files
- Unlimited realtime locate markers
- Reverb Plug-In
- Classic Lexicon reverb known throughout the recording world
- 35 factory presets, plus a powerful editor for creating additional presets
- 6 reverb types including Hall, Chamber, Plate, Room, Ambience, and Custom
- 16 user-adjustable parameters for fine tuning the reverb
- Advanced yet easy-to-use interface
- Floating-point DSP processing
- Mono and stereo operation
- 16- and 24-bit compatible
- Efficient CPU utilization
- Sample rates up to 96kHz.