Presonus EarMix 16M 16x2 AVB-Networked Personal Monitor Digital Mixer Overview:Professional, networked personal monitoring.
Designed to work seamlessly with the PreSonus StudioLive Series III family of mixers, yet compatible with other AVB-enabled systems, the PreSonus EarMix 16M personal monitor mixer provides a high-quality, expandable, networked monitoring solution for stage, installed sound systems, and studio recording. We gave EarMix 16M fully professional sound quality, build quality, and features, including a high-performance headphone amplifier, to ensure you have the monitoring you need for any situation. Each EarMix 16M accepts 16 mono channels of input via AVB networking—and you can network multiple units with a StudioLive Series III mixer.Loud, clear, customizable mixes.
High-quality monitoring is crucial for artists to deliver their best performance, so we’ve given the EarMix 16M a loud, clear headphone amplifier that can drive low-impedance devices such as professional-caliber in-ear-monitors. We started with a top of the line digital-to-analog converter for the best dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio. We took special care in the amplifier design to deliver excellent sound with a wide range of in-ear monitors and headphones with different impedances. Controls and inputs can be customized on each unit to allow each musician to create a mix that works best for them. Once you’ve perfected a set of monitor mixes, save the whole scene to internal memory; you can store and recall up to 16 mix scenes locally.What is an AVB network?
Audio networking is much more than just a way to connect a digital snake. With an AVB network, you can connect digital audio devices over long distances using CAT5e or CAT6 Ethernet cable and route your audio anywhere on the network with extremely low latency. AVB offers several unique benefits that make it a better choice for audio than other networking protocols. For example, AVB provides a high-precision clock that significantly reduces harmonic distortion and phasing, ensuring your audio stays clear and clean. AVB ensures you always have enough bandwidth to carry your low latency audio—even when your intern starts streaming a movie. These important benefits are an inherent part of AVB; you don’t need to do anything special to your devices or AVB switch. And you can only get them with AVB.PoE: Remote power for networked devices.
The EarMix 16M can be powered with its included external power supply but in many cases—such as when it’s difficult to provide power across multiple onstage locations—it’s better to use Power over Ethernet (PoE). PoE is a technology that enables network cables to carry electrical power to compatible devices. With PoE, a single cable delivers both network data, such as digital audio, and electrical power. You can locate a PoE-enabled device anywhere you can run an Ethernet cable because you don’t need a local power source. Moreover, PreSonus’ SW5E five-port AVB switch enables you to connect multiple EarMix 16Ms to the AVB network and provides PoE.A system that can grow with your needs.
One EarMix 16M is a beautiful thing but the system really shines when you need monitoring for the whole band. A pair of AVB jacks enable you to chain multiple EarMix 16Ms while also connecting to a StudioLive Series III mixer. You can expand even further by chaining EarMix 16Ms from multiple PreSonus SW5E AVB switches. Once you’ve created your AVB network, setting up EarMix 16M routings from a networked StudioLive Series III console or using free PreSonus UC Surface control software for Mac, Windows, iPad, and Android is fast and easy.Your ears—and bands—will thank you.
EarMix 16M’s connectivity, AVB networking with PoE, and PreSonus’ famed hardware/software integration give you all the tools you need to create a truly professional personal monitoring system that can serve even the largest ensembles. We remembered the little things, too, like an optional microphone stand mount. Best of all, thanks to loud, clear headphone amps, high-end converters, and top-quality signal processing, EarMix 16M delivers exceptional sound quality that will further enhance your hard-earned reputation as an audio professional.Features:Analog Input/Output
Meters, Controls, and Processing
- 1/8-inch stereo aux input
- 2 Balanced ¼-inch TRS line outputs
- ¼-inch TRS stereo headphone output with loud, clear headphone amp that can drive low-impedance in-ear monitors
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid frequency on all channels and main mix
- Limiter on all channels and main mix
- Stereo channel linking
- Channel grouping
- Solo and Mute
- Mix scene Store and Recall; store up to 16 mix scenes locally
- 16 Signal present and clip LEDs (one for each input)
- 8-segment stereo output meter
- Channel Level rotary control with 8-segment level indicator
- Aux Input level control
- Independent Monitor (line out) and Phones level controls
- Routing setup from StudioLive Series III consoles and UC Surface
- 16 mono channels of input via AVB networking
- 2 AVB Ethernet ports
- 24 bit, up to 48 kHz operation
- External 24 VDC power supply (included)
- Support for PoE power
- Mic stand mounting option (sold separately)
- Type: ¼” TRS Female, active stereo
- Maximum Output: 150 mW/ch. @ 60Ω load
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (± 0.05 dB)
- THD+N: 0.01%, 1 kHz, max gain, 20 Hz BW, unwtd
- Type: ¼” TRS Female, balanced
- Maximum Output Level: +18 dBu, ±0.5 dBu
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- DAC Dynamic Range: 115 dB (A-wtd, 48 kHz)
- AVB Audio Network Ports: RJ45
- Sampling Rate: 48 kHz
- External Power Supply: 24 VDC
- PoE Power: 802.3at Type 1
- Height: 1.8” (46 mm)
- Width: 9.4” (239 mm)
- Depth: 7.6” (193 mm)
- Weight: 1.2 lbs (0.5 kg)