Roland GR55GK-BK Guitar Synthesizer With GK3 Divided Pickup - Black
Roland's GR55GK is a fast and accurate guitar synthesizer that features pitch-detection technology, and a triple-core generator that houses an array of virtual guitars, basses, amps and synth voices. Quick-access category buttons grant you instant access to the GR55GK's vast library of ready to use sounds.
The GR55GK's triple-core engine comprises 2 PCM synthesizers (with over 900 tones, each powered by Roland synthesis technology) and COSM guitar modeling, featuring a bevy of guitar, bass, amp, and synth models. Together, these combined technologies allow you to create unique sounds. The "Metal Synth Lead" preset, for example, combines 2 types of thick synth textures with an overdriven solid-body/humbucking tone.
The COSM guitar-modeling engine needs zero detection time, allowing the GR55GK to respond instantly and exactly as you play. The GR55GK detects pitch, velocity, and behavior for unprecedented response to your performance.
The GR55GK puts you in touch with a huge library of sounds, no editing required. The onboard lineup of ready-to-use presets (270, plus 297 user) takes the pain out of the process, with simple category buttons for finding sounds fast. Choose from hundreds of great presets for pop, rock, and beyond.
For customizing sounds, the EZ Edit feature and large LCD take the guesswork out of the process. And for those who want to go deepe, the GR55GK offers an array of controllable parameters. Pros will appreciate the power of the GR55GK, while beginners will love how quick and easy the unit is to operate.
The GR55GK bridges the guitarist to the desktop music production world with its 2 USB ports. The rear-panel port can be used for MIDI/Audio data communication; the side-panel port is dedicated to real-time playback of audio files from a USB memory device (sold separately). The GR55GK provides foot control of USB audio playback so your hands never need to leave the guitar.
Roland GR55GK-BK Features:
- Up to 4 sound sources at a time: 2 PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modeling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and play with hundreds of ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland's fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and much more
- 2 types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an on-board looper
- MIDI controller that connects to other instruments and software
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control.
Roland GR55GK-BK Specifications:
- Sound Generator: PCM: 2 tones, Modeling: 1 tone
- Tones: PCM: 910 types, Modeling: 23 types (guitar mode), 17 types (bass mode)
- Effects: MFX (Multi-Effects): 20 types, AMP (Preamp): 42 types, MOD (Modulation): 14 types, DELAY: 7 types, REVERB: 5 types, CHORUS: 4 types, EQ: 1 type
- Patch Memory: Guitar mode: Preset: 270 + User: 297, Bass mode: Preset: 90 + User: 297
- AD Conversion: 24-bit (GK Pickup), 24-bit + AF method (Normal Pickup) * AF method (Adaptive Focus method) / This is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of the A/D and D/A converters.
- DA Conversion: 24-bit
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT jacks: -10 dBu, GUITAR OUT jack: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT jacks: 2 kOhm, GUITAR OUT jack: 2 kOhm
- USB Memory Audio Player File Format: WAV, AIFF
- Display: Graphic LCD 240 x 64 dots
- Connectors: GK IN connector (13-pin DIN type), GUITAR OUT jack (1/4" phone type), OUTPUT L/MONO, R jacks
- (1/4" phone type), PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4" phone type), MIDI connectors (IN, OUT) (5-pin DIN type), USB COMPUTER connector (supports Hi-Speed USB, USB MIDI and USB Audio), USB MEMORY connector (supports Hi-Speed USB Flash Memory), DC IN jack
- Power Supply: DC 9 V
- Current Draw: 700 mA
- Dimensions: 16" W x 9-5/8" D x 3-1/8" H (405 x 244 x 78 mm)
- Maximum height: 16" W x 9-5/8" D x 4-3/16" H (405 x 244 x 106 mm)
- Weight excluding AC adaptor: 7 lbs 5 oz (3.3 kg)
- Included Accessories: AC adaptor, Owner's manual, GK-3 Divided pickup, 5 M GK cable
- Options (sold separately): GK-3B Divided pickup (for bass guitar), 10 M GKC-10 cable, FC-300 MIDI foot controller, US-20 Unit selector.