Rupert Neve Designs RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier Overview:
RNHP is a dedicated 24V reference-quality headphone amplifier with specifically-calibrated +4dBu balanced line, unbalanced RCA and 3.5mm (1/8”) inputs, housed in a rugged VESA-mountable steel chassis. With effortless, wide-open sonic performance and the ability to drive any pair of headphones without compromise, the RNHP allows you to perform, mix and enjoy your music with a new level of clarity.Dedicated vs Integrated Amplifiers
For much equipment, the headphone output is an afterthought. Most products with integrated headphone amps have large feature sets, small footprints, and relatively low price points. This leads to comprised power and audio quality of the headphone amplifier itself, which can lead to a number of issues in real world usage such as low headroom, unreliable performance, and a lack of focus.
The RNHP was made to accomplish one simple purpose: making any headphones sound their best. As a dedicated design, the RNHP is tailored to deliver extremely high quality, powerful amplification, with precise calibration for any source input. This exceptional level of quality can be the difference that inspires an artist to give their best performance, lets an engineer make better choices in mic and placement, gives a mix engineer reliable translation of EQ and dynamics adjustments, or lets a music listener appreciate the full depth and detail of a recording.Specially-Calibrated Inputs For All of Your Devices
In addition to being able to drive a wide variety of headphones without sacrificing performance, the RNHP is also capable of receiving a wide array of signals with its 3 inputs, calibrated for optimum level and impedance. VESA-Mountable Design
The RNHP is designed for mounting with any VESA 100 compatible mount. These may include pole mounts, wall mounts, table mounts, or articulating arm mounts. These mounts can help to ensure the RNHP is always in the perfect position.Multiple-Line Feed
In some situations where you only have one set of outputs but need to simultaneously feed the RNHP and another device such as speakers, a second headphone amplifier, or a 2-track recorder, we recommend using splitter cables from the Left and Right line outputs to feed both devices from the same stereo pair. Features:
Specifications:Maximum Input Levels:
- Wide-open, extremely detailed sound quality allows you to get the most out of your headphones
- High-power, high-headroom design can effortlessly drive high-impedance (up to 600 Ohm) headphones even during the loudest, most dynamic tracking sessions
- The near-zero output impedance (.01 Ohm at 1kHz), direct-coupled amplifier design provides for excellent translation with any pair of headphones
- The highly damped stereo potentiometer is designed to give you precise level control and maintain perfect left-right balance
- The calibrated +4dBu line input is selected with the “A” switch. The combo jack accepts either XLR or TRS inputs for balanced professional devices.
- The unbalanced RCA input is calibrated for -10dBV signals and is selected with the “B” switch.
- Stereo 3.5mm input specifically calibrated to work with mobile devices like phones, computers and digital cameras
- The VESA 100 compatible mount enables you to mount the RNHP wherever it needs to be.
- The RNHP’s rugged, solid-steel chassis is built to a high industrial standard with an overhang to protect the connectors and main level control from glancing blows, as well as shock-absorbing rubberized feet
- The RNHP can be powered using either the included 6 watt power supply or a 24V, 0.25A min battery (not sold by RND)
- "A" XLR I/P: +22.8 dBu @1kHz
- "B" RCA I/P: +14.7dBu @1kHz,
- "C" 3.5mm I/P: +3.3dBu @1kHz
- As measured with typical headphones, Z=44 Ω: 3.617 VAC RMS @1kHz = 300mW RMS
- 16 Ω typical Load: 1.933 VAC RMS @1kHz = 230mW RMS
- 150 Ω typical Load: 5.108 VAC RMS @1kHz = 175mW RMS
- .08 Ω @ 1KHz, 16-150 Ω load, 0dBu input
- +/- .2dB from 10Hz to 120KHz
Measured with typical headphones, Z=44 Ω, BW 22Hz – 22kHz
- "A" XLR Input: -101.9dBV,
- "B" RCA Input: -100.9dBV
- "C" 3.5mm Input: -88.8dBV
Power Supply Requirements
- 6.5” wide x 4.6” deep and 1.9” tall
- 24VDC @ 0.25Amp (6 watt) minimum. Use with supplied power adapter, as this has been carefully selected for best output power and noise performance. May be used with a properly configured 24V battery as well.