SE Electronics VR1 Voodoo Ribbon Dynamic Microphone Overview:
The VR1, a passive ribbon to bring out the bite and edge from your guitar cabs with no muddy highs.
The Voodoo ribbon microphones from sE mark a new era for ribbon mic technology.
Until the Voodoo Series, the only ribbon mic in the world to perform across 20Hz-20kHz was our own Rupert Neve collaboration, the RNR1. This was achieved using state-of-the-art custom transformers and a Rupert Neve-designed circuit to reveal HF usually absent.
With the Voodoo mics, full frequency response is achieved using a clever mechanical device designed by Siwei Zou, the company CEO, and a hand-tensioned ribbon constructed by our highly specialized technicians in sE's capsule room.
The result is a superbly detailed, open and natural recording of acoustic instruments and guitar cabs. The Voodoo's ability to perform - coupled with its unique look - have already made it a secret weapon for thousands of players worldwide.Specifications:
- Electronics: Passive
- Generating Element: Hand-tensioned 2.5µm aluminum ribbon
- Directional Pattern: Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 18 kHz
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 1.78 mV/Pa (-55 dB)
- Max SPL: 135 dB (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dB
- Self Noise: 19 dB(A)
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: N/A (phantom-protected)
- Weight: 230g / 8.11oz