The Dholak is a traditional folk instrument from North India. The barrel shaped drum has two faces which are covered with membranes. The Dholak is a smaller version of the Dhol but manages to deliver a powerful bass tone with a special paste applied on the skin. The traditional Dhol has a rope that tightens the membranes which is very difficult to tune. The Nut bolt Dholak is a much more convenient in terms of tuning.The instrument, in contrast to most percussive instruments in India, doesn't have any "syahi" on either of its faces. The instrument is used widely in North India. The tunes of the Dholak have also percolated to the east and the west.The Rhythms that are best suited for the sound of the Dholak are, Devotional bhajans, North Indian Folk music, Qawwalis, and Shabad. Ultimate Guru Concert Grade Dholak Features are:
- Custom, hand made, hand polished wooden shells
- Amrao Sheesham wood
- Nut tuned for convenience
- Chrome plated bolts and "pattis"
- Dark varnish on the wood.
- Hand made pudis
- Quality tested by Ultimate Guru Music
- Made in India
Package Includes :
- Height: 21 inches
- Bass Drum Face Diameter: 8.5 inches
- Treble Drum Face Diameter: 6.5 inches
- Weight : 7Kg