Zoom MRS-8SD Multitrack Recording studio
Zoom is a company that originally gained industry prominence as a manufacturer of inexpensive but clean, and easily operated, digital effects processors and portable drum machines. More recently, Zoom has devoted a lot of design and manufacturing attention to the exploding desktop and portable digital recording market.
With the introduction of the battery powered MRS-8, Zoom continues to pursue development of the self-contained workstation model, incorporating effects processing, a rhythm generator, and a mixer into the body of a laptop-sized digital recorder with full editing capabilities, using the plentiful and inexpensive SD memory card as the storage medium of choice.
The MRS-8 is basically an 8 track digital recorder with 2 additional playback tracks coming from the stereo drum machine and mono Bass portion of the rhythm generator. There is an additional Master Track for mixing, and both the record tracks and Master Track are supported by 10 virtual "take" tracks, full editing and effects assignment, and punch in/out capability.
The input allocation of the MRS-8 includes an XLR/1/4" combo jack, and a switchable Hi/Lo Z 1/4" instrument in. The inputs are supported by a set of assignable simulator algorithms for character processing of anything from a microphone to a bass guitar, a very useful production tool. The mixer offers 8 physical faders, panning, insert, send/return functionality, and a 2-band EQ.
The MRS-8 packs all these features and functionality into a very lightweight unit that runs on AA alkaline batteries, and represents a flexible and remarkably inexpensive solution for songwriting and other personal music production needs.
Zoom MRS-8SD Features:
- Laptop-sized portable or desktop battery powered, 8-track digital recorder with multi-effects and Drum/Bass Rhythm Pattern Generator
- Compressed or uncompressed recording with CD-standard 16-bit, 44.1 kHz resolution; WAV and AIFF file format support
- 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion
- 8 physical tracks with 10 virtual takes available per track, 2 tracks of simultaneous recording, 11 simultaneous playback tracks including 2(Stereo) Drum Tracks and 1(Mono) Bass track
- Switchable 1/4" Hi-Z/Low-Z instrument input, XLR and 1/4" combination Mic and Line input; assignable microphone, line and instrument simulators for inputs
- Built-in mixer with 8 faders, inserts and effects sends and returns
- 100 Markers per Song, full-featured track editing, punch-in/punch-out and bounce recording, A-B repeat
- Track editing features include Copy, Move, Erase, Exchange, Bounce, Trim, Fade In/Out and Reverse
- Built-in dedicated stereo Master Track with assignable Master Effects section and 10 virtual tracks for alternative mix compilation
- SD memory card storage with over 400 minutes of recording time available on 1 GB cards
- 7-voice polyphony with 8 kits and 5 Bass Sounds, 9 touch-sensitive backlit pads for rhythm generator
- 20,000 notes, 999 bars per song with 475 preset, 36 User rhythm patterns available for rhythm generator
- 8 Algorithms, 300 Effect Patches and 94 effect types, built-in
- Built-in tuner with 5 selectable modes
- Built-in mini-condenser microphone.
Zoom MRS-8SD Specifications:
- Type: 8-Track Digital SD Card Recorder
- Recording Resolution : 16-bit, 44.1 kHz
- Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Recording Media: 16 MB - 1 GB SD Memory Cards
- Max Simultaneous Recording: 2 Tracks
- Max Simultaneous Playback: 11 Tracks (8 Audio + Stereo Drum + Mono Bass)
- A/D Converter:24-bit, 64x Oversampling
- D to A Converters:24-bit, 128x Oversampling
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/-1 dB
- Display: Backlit LCD
- CD Burning Capabilities: No
- Vari Pitch Control: No
- Jog/Shuttle: Yes
- Word Clock I/O: No
- SCSI: No
- Headphone Output: Yes, 1/4" Stereo Phone
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 11.8 x 6.5 x 2.3" (300 x 165 x 60mm).
Number of Tracks:
- 8 x Physical Tracks
- 80 x Virtual Tracks (10 Virtual Takes per track)
- 2 x Master Tracks (Stereo) x 10 Virtual Takes
- 2 x Drum Tracks (Stereo)
- 1 x Bass Track (Mono)
- Mono Track(16-bit Compressed, 44.1 kHz):
- 128 MB: 50 minutes*
- 256 MB: 101 minutes*
- 512 MB: 202 minutes*
- 1 GB: 403 minutes*
*Note: Recording time will always vary according to number of tracks used, tracks copied, etc.
- High: 500 Hz - 18 kHz, Gain: +/-12 dB
- Low: 40 Hz - 1.6 kHz, Gain: +/-12 dB
- 13 x Input Channels (11 Tracks + 2 Inputs)
- 8 x Faders: 1 - 4 Mono, 5 - 8 Stereo, Rhythm, Stereo Master
- 2 x Post Fader, Pre Fader Level Meter Displays
- 3 x Track Parameters: 2-Band Equalizer, Effect Send Level and Panning
- 2 x Stereo Links: Track 1/2 or 3/4
- 1 x XLR/1/4" Phone Mic/Line Combination Jack
- 1 x 1/4" Phone Switchable Low-Z/Hi-Z Instrument Jack
- 2 x RCA Phono
- 1 x 1/4" Stereo Phone
- 1 x MIDI Out
- SD Memory Card Data Storage
- "AA" Battery or 9 VDC Operation (Battery Not Included)
- Built-In Rhythm and Bass Pattern Generator
- Built-In Condenser Microphone.
Shop, buy and review Zoom MRS-8SD Multitrack Recording studio at the lowest discount price in India with free shipping, EMI from authorized offical dealer with moneyback guarantee.