- Memorize your three shapes first.
- Trwy and incorporate these into your on compositions!
- The only different shapes (in a diatonic major key) will be your iii chord and vii dim chord. The rest (I-ii-IV-V-vi) will have the same shape.
- Follow the picking pattern: D, D, U, D, D, U etc...
- A 9th (Intervallically speaking) is the next diatonic note above your octave. We will be focusing on using the root, fifth and ninth.
Hey guys, this exercise involves 9ths up and down the fretboard using the lower strings. I hope you enjoy and please rate and comment! Tips:
You can download a free PDF of the lesson here. I hope you guys enjoyed this lesson, please check out my other lessons. Please comment and rate my lesson. If you have any questions, I will be happy to help out! Thanks! About the Author: By George Salas. For more free lessons, please visit gsguitarfun.weebly.com.