Alesis 3630 Dual-Channel Compressor/Limiter with Gate
Since its introduction, the 3630 Compressor has become the most popular dynamics processor ever made. The reason is easy to understand: it provides two independent full-featured compressor/ limiters in one rack space while offering excellent sonic quality for any application from studio recording to live sound or broadcast. The 3630 offers Ratio, Threshold, Attack and Decay controls to customize its compression response for even the toughest signals. You can also choose between RMS and Peak compression styles, plus Hard and Soft Knee dynamic curves for every application from subtle gain control to in-your-face punch. As an independent dual-channel compressor, the 3630 offers separate controls for two different source signals. Plus, two fully independent gates with threshold and rate controls allow you to easily and efficiently stifle unwanted ambient noise. Other advanced dynamics processing features such as precise signal metering, a sidechain for keying or ducking effects and stereo linkable operation make the 3630 the most powerful compressor in its class.
Alesis 3630 Features:
- Fully variable threshold; compression ratio; attack, release, and output level
- Selectable Peak/RMS
- Hard- and soft-knee compression styles
- Input/output metering
- Gain reduction metering, adjustable gate
- TRS sidechain for ducking and de-essing.
Alesis 3630 Specifications:
- Threshold (dB): -40 to +20 dB
- Ratio: 1:1 to inf:1
- Attack Times: 0.1 to 200 ms/prog dependent
- Release Times: 50 ms to 3 sec
- Gain Control: Output
- Bypass Switch: Yes
- # of Channels/Stereo Link: 2/Yes
- Meter Type (VU, LED, etc.): 12-seg LED
- Main I/O Types (XLR, 1/4", etc.): 1/4"
- Sidechain I/O Types (XLR, 1/4", etc.): 1/4"TRS
- Dimensions (WxHxD in inches): 19x1.7x4.5.