Buy Neumann DMI-8 Digital Microphone Interface online in India at the best price with free shipping from BAJAAO - India's music equipment superstore.
Neumann DMI-8 Digital Microphone Interface
Equipment that supports the AES 42 standard can process the output signals of Solution-D microphones directly. In all other cases, the DMI-2 or DMI-8 digital microphone interface is used. The DMIs convert the AES 42 data format supplied by the microphone into an AES/EBU signal.
The Interface is operated via the Neumann RCS remote control software, which is installed on a desktop or laptop computer. The computer is connected to the DMI via a USB port and a USB to RS 485 interface converter. If a large number of microphones is used, several DMIs can be cascaded. In this case, each digital microphone interface can be addressed individually.
In addition to a word clock input and output, the DMIs also have an internal word clock generator. If no master word clock signal (e.g. from a mixing console) is present at the input, the DMI internal word clock is used automatically to synchronize the microphone channels, and the signal is switched to the word clock output.
External commands such as "On Air" (red light) can be controlled via a 9-pin user port.
The DMI-8, an eight-channel version of the digital microphone interface is considerably simplifying the setup for multichannel applications.
In addition to the proven functions of the two-channel DMI-2:
- AES 42 to EBU conversion
- Powering, remote control and synchronization of the microphones without a sample rate converter (AES42, mode2)
- Automatic word clock or AES 11 synchronization
- All sample rates, from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Complete control and storage of the settings via Mac or PC.
Neumann DMI-8 Features:
- The capability of cascading up to 128 channels
- Level meter and gain setting on the front panel, operable even without a computer
- D-sub 25 outputs with Tascam and Yamaha pin assignments
- Optical ADAT interface
- Open architecture for later connection to other multi-channel interfaces and audio networks, such as EtherSound and MADI
- The DMI-8 offers several possibilities for easy integration into audio networks. The ES100 (DMI-8) module permits integration into EtherSound networks.
Neumann DMI-8 Specifications:
- Operating temperature: 0 °C … +45 °C
- Storage temperature: –20 °C … +70 °C
- Relative humidity: max. 90 % at +20 °C
- AES42 inputs: 8x XLR3F , Audio data in accordance withAES/EBU (AES3) data format, Digital phantom power (DPP)Remote control data
- Phantom power (DPP): +10 V, max. 250 mA per channel, short-circuit proof
- Remote control data: Pulses (+2 V), superimposed on the phantom power, approx. 750 bits/s or 9,600 bits/s (depending on the microphone)
- Outputs: 2x SUB-D 25, AES/EBU (AES3) data format, Yamaha and Tascam pinout, 1x Toslink, ADAT format up to 48 kHz, 1x RJ 45, GN format up to 192 kHz, incl. power-out pin: approx. +15 VDC, max.1 A, short-circuit-proof
- Sampling rates supported: 44,1 / 48 / 88,2 / 96 kHz /176,4 kHz/ 192 kHz
- Microphone synchronization: AES42 – Mode 2 (synchronous mode) Microphone clock control via PLL
- DMI-8 Synchronization: automatically to an external word clock or AES11 signal, if present, otherwise the internal word clock generator is activated.
- Word clock (or AES11) input: BNC
- Vin: >100 mV at 75 ohms
- Word clock (or AES11) output: BNC
- Vout: = Vin (external synchronization)
- Vout: approx. 1.5 V at 75 ohms (internal word clock generator)
- Internal word clock generator: 44,1 / 48 / 88,2 / 96 kHz / 176,4 / 192 kHz, Accuracy ±25 ppm
- Indicators: Power, Ext Word Clock, Valid,Level (microphone)
- Control elements: 8x Channel SelectGAIN +/–
- Control bus: 2 x RJ 45 ports; connection to computer USB port via the Neumann USB 485 interface converter; connected in parallel for the purpose of cascading. RS 485 with additional power-out pin (approx. +11.3 V, max. 500 mA)
- Device address (ID): 0 to 15, adjustable viacoding switch on the backof the device
- User port: 9-pin sub-D, 1 switch function per channel (Mute and/or Light 1/Light 2 selectable)
- Power supply: 90 V to 240 V; 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 483 x 88 x 210 mm
- Weight: approx. 2,8 kg.
(All values are for non-condensing humidity)
Shop, buy and review Neumann DMI-8 Digital Microphone Interface at the lowest discount price in India with free shipping, EMI from authorized offical dealer with moneyback guarantee.