Novation ReMOTE SL COMPACT 49 49-Key USB MIDI Keyboard
BAJAAO India introduces the Novation ReMote SL 25 COMPACT MIDI Controller. While it is highly portable, it still needs a USB cable to connect to your DAW. But the idea of a remote control isn't too far off if you are referring more to the word ""control"" because this 49-note keyboard has a distinct way of taking command of all major sequencers and automatable plug-ins.The first key element that separates the ReMOTE SL COMPACT 49-key MIDI Controller from its peers is its lengthy, 144-character blue LED backlit LCD display, which shows up to eight assigned parameters at once, with the vital information presented in a logistical fashion.
Secondly, the included Automap Universal software cuts out most user setup as sequencer controls, and VST/AU parameters are intuitively assigned and mapped the moment they are booted up. Available parameters then pop up on the screen at which point you can personalize plug-in controls with ReMOTE SL's simple click and control ""learn"" function. While in Automap Universal Mode, SL's unique PAC (pointer-assigned control) technology combined with its speed dial efficiently provide touch-sensitive control of any parameter on which the mouse pointer rests with an unlimited number of controls.
If you're more of a hands-on person, the Manual Template mode provides 64 different assignable parameters through eight encoders and eight buttons with LEDs combined with eight Group select switches. There's also eight large, velocity-sensitive trigger pads that can be used to trigger samples or help refine a beat you've been messing with. Last, but certainly not least, the Novation MIDI Controller gives you separate, assignable pitch and mod wheels to play and a 49-key, 4-octave semi-weighted keyboard featuring aftertouch.Small, portable, and intelligently designed, the ReMOTE SL COMPACT MIDI Controller makes sense in more ways then one.
Novation ReMOTE SL Features:
- 49 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch
- 4 Octave range
- 7 Velocity curves which are individually assignable for each Template
- Pitch wheel is spring loaded with centre return and front-to-back motion
- Mod wheel is free running with front to back motion
- 1 x 144-character silver LCD display with, blue LED backlit
- Data Ports: 1 x USB MIDI (Win XP/Mac OSX class-compliant)
- MIDI: 1 x MIDI Out, 1 x MIDI In
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4"" jack input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4"" jack input
- 8 Rotary Encoders with infinite rotation (x4 with Group Select switches A-D)
- 8 Buttons (x4 with Group Select switches B1-4)
- 8 Trigger pads
- Rewind/Fast Forward/Stop/Start/Record/Loop assignable buttons
- Speed dial: rotary encoder, pressing it activates other modes
- Menu button
- Play/Edit/Template/Global/Write buttons
- Display select: encoders, buttons, page up/down and drumpads switches
- Up/down Template, Keyboard Octave buttons.
Novation ReMOTE SL Specifications:
- External power supply: Standard 'Centre Positive' 9V DC 600mA (not supplied)
- System Requirements
- PC: Pentium 3, 800 MHz or higher
- (CPU may be higher for laptops)
- 256 MB RAM
- DirectX 9.0b or higher
- Windows XP (SP2) or more recent
- (Windows 98, Me, NT, or 2000 not supported)
- Mac: Macintosh G3 800/G4 733 MHz or higher
- (CPU may be higher for laptops)
- OS X 10.3.9 with 256 MB RAM,
- OS X 10.4.2 or greater with 512 MB RAM.