Behringer BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer
BAJAAO India introduces the Behringer BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer. Do you find it hard to get the perfect sound from your bass? Maybe your bass seems to virtually disappear in some rooms; then again, it feels like a runaway locomotive in others? The problem’s not your bass—you need an equalizer! The BEHRINGER BEQ700 can resurrect your bass, providing total control over your tone, no matter what the performance situation. You can instantly improve the sound of your band from the bottom up, with the BEHRINGER BEQ700.
Master of Tone
With 15 dB available boost or cut per band (that’s a lot!), the BEQ700’s seven frequency bands have been carefully chosen to provide the ultimate tools for EQing the bass guitar, even 5 & 6-string instruments. Of course, to make full use of its capabilities, you should first understand some basics about the frequency range of your axe.
The BEQ700 covers the audio spectrum from below 50 Hz to over 10 kHz, allowing you to effectively cut or boost specific frequencies that help focus your sound. Special attention has been paid to the critical midrange frequencies, which can either make or break your sound. The following section offers tips that will have you sculpting the perfect bass sound in no time at all.
Most performers don’t have a clue about what good equalization can do for their sound. Maybe you’ve heard the old maxim, “Make a sine-wave to get really good sound,” or “Make a smiley-face, that always works.” Sadly, this qualifies as advice from the uninformed. Just as every room is different, every musical instrument is unique. Even guitars and basses made by the same manufacturer, using the same materials, on the same day can vary a great deal.
People provide a good example of this principal—although we are all similar, we don’t all wear the same size shoes, or even have the same color eyes. There is no one “perfect” equalization curve that fits every scenario; equalization is dynamic.
Applying EQ to the Bass
When frequencies from 20 Hz - 200 Hz are boosted or cut, the bass is affected dramatically, since sounds in this range are often felt, as well as being heard. Boosting frequencies within this range can increase the sensation of power and punch. Conversely, reductions in this range can weaken or muddy low frequency response.
The fundamental notes of most basses fall within the 100 Hz - 1000 Hz range. Even slight changes in this range can cause a tremendous variation in overall bass energy and impact, as the human ear is especially sensitive to this range. Boosting frequencies around 200 Hz often gives the bass warmth and body, without a loss of definition, while boosting frequencies in the 500 Hz to 1000 Hz range tend to make bass sounds brittle. Often, better EQ results can be achieved by reducing the frequency bands that are offending and by turning up the overall volume, rather than boosting one specific band.
How the specific frequency bands of the BEQ700 can shape your sound
- 50 Hz (sub-bass)
- Boost: To thicken up sub-bass content, which is mostly felt rather than heard
- Cut: To eliminate stage “rumble” and sub-bass content that can rob sound system power
- 120 Hz (soft bass)
- Boost: To enhance the lower end of the bass spectrum
- Cut: To reduce the tendency of low frequency content to overwhelm a small room
- 400 Hz (hard bass)
- Boost: To enhance the “hard” bass punch of fundamental tones
- Cut: To reduce punch for better linkage with the kick drum
- 500 Hz
- Boost: or Cut: To control bass clarity and warmth
- 800 Hz
- Boost: To add an aggressive edge to the overall bass sound
- Cut: For reducing somewhat nasal or horn-like content
- 4.5 kHz
- Boost: To make the bass cut through the mix. Creates a more distinctive plucked tone
- Cut: To eliminate harshness
- 10 kHz
- Boost: To bring out the upper harmonics and add edge to the overall bass tonality
- Cut: Apply a cut to reduce harsh high-frequency content or hiss.
Behringer BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer Features:
- Shape your sound and eliminate feedback with 7 bands of equalization
- This BEHRINGER product has been designed to compete head to head with leading products on the market
- Wide frequency range from 50 Hz to 10 kHz with a powerful 15 dB boost/cut per band
- Status LED for effect on/off and battery check
- Runs on 9 V battery or the BEHRINGER PSU-SB DC power supply (not included)
- First-class electronic On/Off switch for noise-free operation
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany.